Downgrade Mac Os 10.3 To 10.2

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hello i would like too downgrade from Os 10.3 to 10.2!

I need to do it becasue my Final Scratch does not work on 10.3 but everyone says that 10.2 works as a solid rock..

So i have the 10.2 and everytginh but i cant install it..

Help?

MAc os 10.3

1Gz

765ram

60gb

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    muahahaha .... and so it begins again.

sir, i´m afraid you will be flamed away in only a couple of minutes ...

*ducks for cover*
  • Reply 2 of 10
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Final Scratch? What's that?

If you really want to do it, I'm sure you could just back up, erase your drive, and install 10.2. What's the problem?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    How does a solid rock work?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Why i cant install...?

When i boot my MAC with the 10.2 cd inside. a mac figure and a question mark comes up beside each other...

The Apple people says that it cant find the OS! or something!!!

so....
  • Reply 5 of 10
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by liamster

Why i cant install...?

When i boot my MAC with the 10.2 cd inside. a mac figure and a question mark comes up beside each other...

The Apple people says that it cant find the OS! or something!!!

so....

It would appear that you are trying to boot from an upgrade CD. You need a full-install CD.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Not always the case. I have a machine I have been testing Tiger on and was playing around trying to install Panther. It sees the drive has me reboot and it just sits there at the white boot screen and does nothing. Not even an option to erase and intstall Panther! It is a full install copy of Panther as well.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    I had a similar problem when my Powerbook g4 hard drive was acting up....would not boot up from ANYTHING including full version panther, jaguar, Disk Warrior....anything

There had been no warning prior to this behavior...had to send to Apple for a new HD....thank goodness I am pretty good at backing up....
  • Reply 8 of 10
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Me

It would appear that you are trying to boot from an upgrade CD. You need a full-install CD.

Who brought this myth of upgrade CDs to earth? There are no Mac OS X upgrade-only CDs.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    that´s not true ... there ARE upgrade-only cds. that said, there are ways to circumvent the install-check. at least i remember that it somehow worked with jaguar upgrade-discs ...
  • Reply 10 of 10
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    I solved all my upgrade/downgrade woes since Public beta when I partitioned my HD into 2 parts.

I've always kept the last version around on one partition and installed the current on the other partition.

Partition 1: Public Beta

2: 10.0

(the only exception was here)

1: Public Beta

2: 10.1

1: 10.2

2: 10.1

1: 10.2

2: 10.3

And next year it'll be

1: 10.4

2: 10.3

Sure...this effectively cuts down the available hard drive space since I got 2 full OSes on it. But partitioning my drive has really, really helped me out in many situations.

What I haven't mentioned is that I actually have a 3rd partition (4MB) for OS 9 which I very rarely use...but has been useful in the past.

My habits may change if I buy an iPod...but probably not...thanks to partitions, I've never had downgrade troubles or backup troubles or OS reinstalling troubles.