Don't lick that PowerBook!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Don't lick that G5 either, or that iPod. Motherboards are bad with lead and other carcinogens, but now cases are bad too. We all know how sexy Apple's computers are, but resist the urge!

A friend sent me this link.

http://www.healthwell.com/hnbreakthr...8/aluminum.cfm

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Don´t lick that powerbook

In related news: Don´t eat those chips.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    aww dang it! my favorite past-time! licking my powerbook...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Too much of any solvent metal (powder or fiber) is bad for you. I don't think aluminum in its extruded solid form is an issue really. Like aesbestos and lead, it's an issue only when it's in a form of very small particles. And while any aluminum will surely shave off some small bits, unless you put the case in a blender, whipped it into talcum and served it as a shake, I doubt window mullions, computer cases and car frames are a major cancer threat.

So check your deodorant, make sure your cookware is anodized if it's aluminum, and wash your hands before eating anyway. You can probably suck on your iPod to your (perverted) heart's content!
  • Reply 4 of 6
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Moving to General Discussion...
  • Reply 5 of 6
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    But i can still use the Airport base station as a suppository, right? Ka-ching!

I'm talkin' broad-band, if you know what I mean! Ba-boom!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

You can probably suck on your iPod to your (perverted) heart's content!

Somehow, I wouldn't be too surprised if there are people out there incorporating iPods into their sex fetishes. \