I'm Torn!!! HELP!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

I want to buy my first apple ever.. (I'm a win user)

I liked the PB 12" and the ibook 14"

I loved the beautiful White ibook it feature:

G4 1.2MHZ

768 ram

32 vga

60GB

wifi built-in

and bluetooth

and i like the PB 12"

G4 1.33MHZ

512 ram

64 vga

i think 60GB

wifi built-in

and bluetooth

see i love the looks of the ibook .. but I don't want to give up the 1.33 and 64 vga of the pb ...

any opinion would be highly appreciated..

note: sorry about my english..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Well, for only $100 more I would get the 12" powerbook. The 14" screen has the same resolution as the 12" powerbook. I will say the powerbooks design is much better in my opinion. The 12" powerbook is so easy to travel with. If you are clumsy I would get ibook. I heard a person ran over his ibook twice with his suv. Surely he needed a new lcd screen but, the case and computer itself was perfect.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Unless you have trouble seeing slightly small screens, go for the 12" over the 14". In fact, I'd sooner deck out a 12" iBook with all the extras than get a 14" iBook. Like quagmire says, same amount of screen real estate, just bigger pixels in the 14".

As far as giving up the 64vram and 1.33, get thee to an Apple-selling store and play around with a low-end (but new) Mac. Even the slowest iBook has the power edit video amazingly well compared to a suped up PC. I switched in 2001, and have done corporate video editing on the then-top-of-the-line 500MHz iBook. You don't need as much firepower as you think you do, coming from the Windows world. RAM you need a lot of, but otherwise, don't worry about it.

Alex.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alexander Wilson

As far as giving up the 64vram and 1.33, get thee to an Apple-selling store and play around with a low-end (but new) Mac. Even the slowest iBook has the power edit video amazingly well compared to a suped up PC. I switched in 2001, and have done corporate video editing on the then-top-of-the-line 500MHz iBook. You don't need as much firepower as you think you do, coming from the Windows world. RAM you need a lot of, but otherwise, don't worry about it.

Alex.

the iBook will be unsupported by CoreImage and CoreVideo in Tiger. The Powerbook will be.

I'd go for the powerbook
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Thankyou guys for ur replies

I think i'll go with the PB 12"

ok i have some other questions?

1-Does it come with an international warranty?

2-Why can't i add bluetooth to it?

3-How many days it takes for delivery?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TofaChino

Thankyou guys for ur replies

I think i'll go with the PB 12"

ok i have some other questions?

1-Does it come with an international warranty?

2-Why can't i add bluetooth to it?

3-How many days it takes for delivery?

You can't add bluetooth because....it already has it built in!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bancho

You can't add bluetooth because....it already has it built in!

Great!! Thanks!

what about the warranty?

where can i buy a 512ram chip? low price?