AppleInsider only source not posting new iPOD

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
What has happen to AppleInsider. Becoming worthless except for message board. They were dead wrong on the iMac prediction. They have been delinqent in reporting rumors that come true.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    If they were never wrong, would they be a Fact site rather than a rumor site?

Alex.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    jiminy c.jiminy c. Posts: 101member
    Still that doesn't explain why AppleInsider is only source not knowing about the announcement of the iPod. AppleInsider's been pretty inactive for the last few days.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jiminy C.

Still that doesn't explain why AppleInsider is only source not knowing about the announcement of the iPod. AppleInsider's been pretty inactive for the last few days.

After a certain amount of time and when even the Mac "news" sites are covering it, is there any real reason for AI to jump in with a "me too" if they don't have anything else to add? Seems to me that only one or two sites actually knew about the info, and everyone else has been regurgitating it.

Not that I don't agree with you. I just hate finding a "new" article about something that's just a rewording of three other pieces I just read.

Alex.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I'm sure they know about it. If they were beaten to the punch why bother. Every other site already has it, and only one site actually broke it. Newsweek.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gensor

. They were dead wrong on the iMac prediction.

Well, not neccesaryly. Appleinsider would have gotton it right if apple didn't have problems with the imac. TS was wrong about apple laughing their heads off about the imac going G5. So both sites we wrong on something. Both sites and something right. TS with no imac at WWDC was right but, ts was wrong about the laughing their heads off. AI was right about imac going to be G5 and a complete overhaul. Ai was wrong about being introduced at WWDC.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Every other site except Think Secret had *zero* info on the new iPods, and even then, Think Secret posted the leaked Newsweek stuff only after nosey Joe Shmoes found it for Nick. It's not like all these other so-called sources are up on anything, they're just recycling the news they read from Think Secret (Monday announcement) and AppleNova (I think that's where the Newsweek thing started). If AppleInsider posts this news tomorrow or next week, they're no further behind as far as rumors and inside info goes, and just another also-ran yelling, "me too!"

Think Secret and AppleNova won this one. Congrats to them!
  • Reply 7 of 11
    kenaustuskenaustus Posts: 924member
    Could it be possible that they actually took the weekend off?

I must admit that not only have I not gone to the office this weekend, but I haven't done any work on my 2 month old PB.

Sometimes it's nice to live a normal life.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Maybe we should put a link to Think Secret on the front page or one of the other 500 news sites that are regurgitating the Newsweek article?

Whatever. Moving to Suggestions...
  • Reply 9 of 11
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    yeah, except damn newsweek scooped us by posting it early. guess that's the name of the game though.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

yeah, except damn newsweek scooped us by posting it early. guess that's the name of the game though.

To answer a couple of questions:

iPod news:

We actually took that weekend off. So we missed it. We rarely leave on road trips on the weekend, but this was one case were we did. By the time we arrived Monday morning, the iPod had been released.

iMac:

Where did we ever say the iMac was coming at WWDC? Please read the articles. I wrote that article and I said it could come AS EARLY as WWDC.

-K
  • Reply 11 of 11
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    to sum up: the rumors business is all about loose wording. don't say will unless the gods reveal the inner workings of the apple website. say as early as...

it is like selling medicinal tonic. why my next door neighbor swears by it and gosh darn if i haven't seen it works its magic on him. he was stricken with the beginfloparghs took two spoon fulls of this tonic and the next day was on feet doin a little jig.... (then you sell them some addictive psychoactive substance so they come back for more and think that it does something)...