has this place gotten better yet?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
i've enjoyed my time away, but this place used to be very enjoyable. it saddened me what happened recently andi thought that maybe it might have gotten back to it's unique style that made it great. the change in management recently potentially leads to an additional change, so has it gotten any better? please tell me that it's less oppressive, because i'd really like to frequent it the way i used to.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by _ alliance _

i've enjoyed my time away, but this place used to be very enjoyable. it saddened me what happened recently andi thought that maybe it might have gotten back to it's unique style that made it great. the change in management recently potentially leads to an additional change, so has it gotten any better? please tell me that it's less oppressive, because i'd really like to frequent it the way i used to.

no. it still sucks.

the yankees still are the best team in baseball. they still spend more money than anyone else. the red sox still suck.

welcome back
  • Reply 2 of 19
    _ alliance __ alliance _ Posts: 2,070member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

no. it still sucks.

the yankees still are the best team in baseball. they still spend more money than anyone else. the red sox still suck.

welcome back

interesting. yankees the best you say? i could have sworn they were the most overrated...

but this isn't about baseball. unless we're talking about how pathetic the astros have become...

i suppose the iron fist is still in charge here though...
  • Reply 3 of 19
    ovverated doesn't produce the best record in baseball bud.

enjoy clemens. ironic that he's the only bright spot for you now......mwhahaaha
  • Reply 4 of 19
    Quote:

ovverated doesn't produce the best record in baseball bud.

enjoy clemens. ironic that he's the only bright spot for you now......mwhahaaha

this team saddens me. and pettitte is almost as overrated as jeter is. although he doesnt get paid quite as much, so i guess that's a good thing.

at least my Giants are still tearing it up out west.

btw, what are you doing in the bronx anyway? arent you sposed to be in berkeley?
  • Reply 5 of 19
    Quote:

this team saddens me. and pettitte is almost as overrated as jeter is. although he doesnt get paid quite as much, so i guess that's a good thing.

at least my Giants are still tearing it up out west.

btw, what are you doing in the bronx anyway? arent you sposed to be in berkeley?

ah man, it's the only 2 months i get to relax. i have to head back in a couple weeks to start training again. august till june is a long season. oh, and for school too.
  • Reply 6 of 19
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

No it hasn't gotten any better. It's gotten worse. But that's the member's fault not the mods. But I just got myself banned from the other place! Challenged the old boy's club one too many times I'm afraid. 7 days! I know heaps. They've been wanting to do it for a while but I kept slipping through their clutches.

So see, _alliance_ it could be worse. You could be subject to their sinister oppression. At least the oppression here is open. You know where you stand.

Time to fix AO before the rot goes any deeper. Anybody got a plan? 'Cause I'm all out of ideas. Plan A (try to start threads that bring back diversity and rekindle the sense of community) didn't work. Unfortunately, there was no Plan B. So I'm stumped.

Here's the challenge. Turn AO into a fun, welcoming, thoughtful, intelligent, generous forum again in 7 days so Chester never has to go back over there again.

Please.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

No it hasn't gotten any better. It's gotten worse. But that's the member's fault not the mods. But I just got myself banned from the other place! Challenged the old boy's club one too many times I'm afraid. 7 days! I know heaps. They've been wanting to do it for a while but I kept slipping through their clutches.

What a martyr

You were asking for it in my opinion, and in fact you DID ask for it. All you did is bitch and moan and you are surprised?
  • Reply 8 of 19
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Oh look. One of the lackies has shown up.

(Don't PM Powerdoc. I'm not going to go on with it. Much. )
  • Reply 9 of 19
    Quote:

ah man, it's the only 2 months i get to relax. i have to head back in a couple weeks to start training again. august till june is a long season. oh, and for school too.

training? for how to be a californian? or how to get rid of your new york attitude?
  • Reply 10 of 19
    Quote:

training? for how to be a californian? or how to get rid of your new york attitude?

no. for the cal heavyweight crew team.

We won the National Championship this past June. I was the bow seat.

(Don't you read my signature )
  • Reply 11 of 19
    Quote:

(Don't you read my signature )

sorry, i really don't care that much.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    While it is a bit of a downer right now, I blame a lot of that on the fact that the election frenzy is here, and everyone is getting all in a tizzy about it, or is purposefully withholding from visiting AO.

But I've gotta say, an alliance-spline moderating crew WOULD make AO a bit more laid back. I try to avoid self-referencing and general horn-tooting, but right now it's just oh-so-true. . . and fitting.

locks and bans are for sissies.
  • Reply 13 of 19
    Chester, come off the cross girl. It's got to be getting heavy by now. Not myself or any of the other admins at AN care or pay attention to you enough to have wished we had banned you sooner. You got banned because you posted the following, plain and simple. We don't see you as a threat, we see you as a whiney, paranoid, delusional pest at this point.

Quote:

And you can remove the custom user title now LoCash, thanks very much. Go play your control freak games with somebody else because I'm really not in the mood for it. You don't like me here? Then either grow some balls and ban me or else get off my fucking case.

The only people I seem to upset are the young boys with something to prove. But I certainly seem to get under their skin. You wanna tell me what your problem is exactly rather than going for the cheap shots that leave me with no comeback? What's the problem children? Were you taken off the tit too young as babies? It's not as if I'm a threat to your bloody web site. So why all the attention?

Either stop hiding behind manipulating user titles, bullshit reputation systems and the like or shut the fuck up.

• Reply 14 of 19
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Before this becomes a pissing match, I'll respond to the following.

Quote:

Here's the challenge. Turn AO into a fun, welcoming, thoughtful, intelligent, generous forum again in 7 days so Chester never has to go back over there again.

Please.

Sounds like a challenge indeed. . . off to the brainstormery.
  • Reply 15 of 19
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    so start posting the images of the supposed new RX-7 that are floating around. hard to bring politics into a good car thread.
  • Reply 16 of 19
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

But I've gotta say, an alliance-spline moderating crew WOULD make AO a bit more laid back.

You're hired!

If the ugly side of AO has reared its head because of the election, I must assume you're referring to the 2000 election, right? 'Cause that's how long it's been!

Oh, and it's really easy to bring politics into a thread about the RX-7. (I thought we were up to the RX-8?) It uses gas doesn't it? And gas comes from oil. And oil comes from... aaaaaaaah!
  • Reply 17 of 19
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

so start posting the images of the supposed new RX-7 that are floating around. hard to bring politics into a good car thread.

Start a thread about SUV and the mess will happen
  • Reply 18 of 19
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by M3D Jack

Chester, come off the cross girl. It's got to be getting heavy by now. Not myself or any of the other admins at AN care or pay attention to you enough to have wished we had banned you sooner. You got banned because you posted the following, plain and simple. We don't see you as a threat, we see you as a whiney, paranoid, delusional pest at this point.

When some comments are made on AN , about AI, I did not interfere, nor any active members of AI staff either (If I am wrong, sorry_in advance).

It will be better for all, if this type of cross posting disappeared. Bringing the troubles of a forum to an another do not help.

Thanks for your understanding.
  • Reply 19 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

But I've gotta say, an alliance-spline moderating crew WOULD make AO a bit more laid back.

i've been up for that for years, but no one will hire me... \