I am having a lot of bugs lately.

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Is there a way to go back to 10.34 from 10.35?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by GreggWSmith

Is there a way to go back to 10.34 from 10.35?

Its beta. Of course it is buggy. Maybe now you will understand why you are not supposed to use beta software as you main OS. If you insist on using a pirated OS, you should at least install it on a separate partition.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    It is not pirated. I have a developer account through work. But thanks for the helpful comments.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    In general, there's no way to do what you want - the release notes for every seed I've seen so far state that it's a one-way trip, and also, that you should probably put it on a new partition and not use it as your main default OS. It's for testing only.

What's worse, once you have 10.3.5(dev) on there, it's really freaking hard to go to 10.3.5(final). You're better off reinstalling 10.3.4 and then going back up to 10.3.5(final). :/

It's for things like that that I try and keep a couple of boot partitions around... one for my default, one for testing purposes. When I'm ready to install a new beta, I just clone the current default over (keeping my settings), then upgrade that. I can always (usually) go back to the older stable release without any problems that way. Then, when the final is released, I can upgrade the stable version, and wipe the testing partition.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Thanks! Yeah since I was pretty much screwed anyway I did what you suggested and I have a good partition and now I have a Tiger partition. I am pretty much going to avoid 10.3.5
  • Reply 5 of 5
    mactechmactech Posts: 31member
    Quote:

Originally posted by GreggWSmith

Thanks! Yeah since I was pretty much screwed anyway I did what you suggested and I have a good partition and now I have a Tiger partition. I am pretty much going to avoid 10.3.5

Apple's Dev documents implicitly state you cannot revert from 10.3.5 without reinstalling the entire OS.

I find 10.3.5 to be without any problems that I know of, short of PithHelmet quit working and I must endure animated GIFs and ads.