Motion?!?!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
So, i am one of the many that MUST be eagerly awaiting the release of Motion, Apple's forthcoming motion graphics application.

My question is, when the hell are they going to release it? They say "summer" on the website.

My guess is Siggraph in early august, but if anyone knows something, has heard some rumours, or just has an opinion to share, please do...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by djfern

So, i am one of the many that MUST be eagerly awaiting the release of Motion, Apple's forthcoming motion graphics application.

My question is, when the hell are they going to release it? They say "summer" on the website.

My guess is Siggraph in early august, but if anyone knows something, has heard some rumours, or just has an opinion to share, please do...

I don't know but I get the idea apple doesn't even do R&D. I think they whip up a few product mockups in a 3D app and make a webpage and take orders. If it's a success, they do the R&D to design and built it by the time they promised to release it.

But seriously, their lag time from announcement to delivery is positively glacial.

If it ain't shipping, don't tell me about it.

They are preaching to the converted, there's no need to build hype the way they do, we buy shit on day one, unquestioningly and they know it. If anything the hype often undermines the final product. Hyping creative people is suicidal. We'll always spin their spin further to a point where the final product is never good enough.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    djferndjfern Posts: 3member
    Quote:

Originally posted by djfern

I know you're being at least partly facetious, but the demo i watched from NAB on their site was definitely not done in a 3d app. And while i hear you about them building hype, my own experience is that the hype has been well worth it. At least in terms of FCP and soundtrack and livetype - these apps delivered as promised and totally saved my ass last year when they delivered them when they said they would...
  • Reply 3 of 8
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Well I won't be running Motion for a while. I have to purchase a Mac and FCP before I can even dream of it. But I am excited about Motion and its tech.

I think it's actually going to be ..dare I say, "fun". Video is a bummer when thing are dreadfully slow. The quicker we move to real time editing and composing the quicker we see an explosion of neat content.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Workflow of Motion

Quote:

I'm now trained to teach Motion and I can verify that this app's workflow is TOPS!

Sounds great. Another winner for Apple.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    this app looks like fun, it looks like Photoshop for video, I cant wait to see/use/play with this new toy

I like apples demo, LOOK MA, I CAN 'MAKE THE NEWS'...
  • Reply 6 of 8
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    A month ago my Amazon cart said July 19. Now it says July 31. Draw your own conclusions. Most things I've read indicate that the public demos have been quite buggy (even if the features are way cool), so Apple is probably not comfortable releasing it to manufacturing yet.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member
    According to our local Apple rep is SoCal, it should be launched and available at Siggraph. But who knows.

I think one of the delays is caused by the fact that it is a great new "prosumer" app and we are missing the great new "prosumer" iMac to run it.

Maybe it would have come out in May or June if the iMacs would have ben released on time.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Buckeye

AJA I/O now supports Motion output to Monitor

I remember you asking me to find out about how to preview Motion to NTSC Monitors and I couldn't find out how. Aja I/O owners will like this but I'm sure we'll have cheaper options soon enough.