The late-night snack.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It is late and I was hungry.

I love pineapples. It is part of my favorite pizza, even. In my pantry you will find cases of canned pineapples I get from Sam's. I keep cans in the fridge for easy access. A little Vitamin C, Potassium and Iron.

Usually I crack open a can (in their own juice, of course) if I want a late-night snack. But there is a problem, the cans I got from Sam's are significantly larger than what I used to buy individually.

20oz large. That is a lot of pineapple and pineapple juice.

I just can't do it. I've got the can sitting here with about 9 or 10 oz left.

Anyone want some pineapples?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    Quote:

Anyone want some pineapples?

Not the ones you got. (see below)

Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

In my pantry you will find cases of canned pineapples I get from Sam's.

Sam's Club is evil. Did you know they are owned by Walmart? You know, Walmart.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Sam Walton's market...Wal-Mart...Sam's Club...

No relation to Walgreens...
  • Reply 3 of 16
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Pinneapples, eh?

I bet you're a popular one with the ladies.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I like frozen blueberries. Eat 'em by the bag.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    you don't have any tupperware or a nice ziploc bag?

when i make my pepperoni pineapple pizza, i always took the juice and got it as cold as possible to drink later. it's very refreshing.

when i worked in retail, when the first sam's clubs began to open, i was told that it was walton's way (by having to join a club) of keeping "undesirables out, yet still having a presence in urban areas.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    Groverat has a special place in his heart for Walmart.

I love fresh pineapple although I dunno how you can eat that cooked pineapple on pizza. Icky. But fresh pineapple that is properly cubed and nice and juicy is scrumdiddlyumcious. 20 oz is a bit much though. You should have just wrapped it up in an air tight container. As long as it doesn't come into contact with flowing air it will be good till at least the next day.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    pantherpanther Posts: 64member
    Pineapples? On a pizza?
  • Reply 8 of 16
    a10t2a10t2 Posts: 191member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Panther

Pineapples? On a pizza?

Best. Topping. Ever.

I like it with bacon. American bacon, that is.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    playmakerplaymaker Posts: 511member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Panther

Pineapples? On a pizza?

I worked at a Pizza place when I was in Highschool and this is pretty tame compared to the crap that people used to order. I actually like pineapples and pepperoni pizza....its peanutbutter and anchovies that I just cant seem to get excited about
  • Reply 10 of 16
    dfryerdfryer Posts: 140member
    I'm a Canadian. Could someone explain to me the difference between "Canadian bacon", "American bacon" and any other kind of bacon *if* such a difference exists?
  • Reply 11 of 16
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dfryer

I'm a Canadian. Could someone explain to me the difference between "Canadian bacon", "American bacon" and any other kind of bacon *if* such a difference exists?

It's the temperament of the swines. For example, compare the swines in Washington DC to the swines in Ottawa. Huge difference.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    playmakerplaymaker Posts: 511member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dfryer

"Canadian Bacon" is Ham, as opposed to crispy fried strips of pork. mmmmmmm Bacon
  • Reply 13 of 16
    dfryerdfryer Posts: 140member
    That's wack. I've never referred to ham as bacon in my entire life. I've never heard anyone else refer to it as bacon, maybe its some sorta weird "eastern canada" thing.

Crispy, greasy fried strips of pork for me any day.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

I love pineapples. It is part of my favorite pizza, even. In my pantry you will find cases of canned pineapples I get from Sam's. I keep cans in the fridge for easy access.

See it.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    canadian bacon, or back bacon is like a ham because it's cut from the loin.

normal bacon is from the belly of the pig.........ahhhhhh delicious pork!
  • Reply 16 of 16
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Popcorn, ever so slightly burned, with a tad butter, sprinkles of soy sauce and heaps of yeast flakes!!!!