Tiger Release Date?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Yay! My first post (and I start off with a new topic... how about them apples?).

Anyway, anybody got any idea when Apple anticipates Tiger hitting shelves? Whenever it is, I'll be there waiting eagerly for the Apple Store to open...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Q2 2005
  • Reply 2 of 8
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    My guess would be mid April.

I think Apple is ready to ship Tiger right after NAB 2005.

By the time Tiger ships I expect all of Apple's Pro apps to be refreshed.

Final Cut will be at version 5

Shake at version 4

DVD Studio Pro version 4

Logic version 7

Motion 2

MWSF 2005 could have a couple pre-announcements.

I'm hoping that they show iLife 05 running on Beta builds of Tiger.

I hope they have Quicktime 7 ready to show. In the excitement over Core Image/Video we've all forgot about how QT7 will integrate into this whole mix. QT is more important than ever. iTunes is putting thousands of installations on computers over the world. This is one Trojan Horse that youll enjoy getting in.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    January 24th, 2005.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zapchud

January 24th, 2005.

Then there could be a beer bash...21...need I say more...
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

My guess would be mid April.

I think Apple is ready to ship Tiger right after NAB 2005.

By the time Tiger ships I expect all of Apple's Pro apps to be refreshed.

Final Cut will be at version 5

Shake at version 4

DVD Studio Pro version 4

Logic version 7

Motion 2

MWSF 2005 could have a couple pre-announcements.

I'm hoping that they show iLife 05 running on Beta builds of Tiger.

I hope they have Quicktime 7 ready to show. In the excitement over Core Image/Video we've all forgot about how QT7 will integrate into this whole mix. QT is more important than ever. iTunes is putting thousands of installations on computers over the world. This is one Trojan Horse that youll enjoy getting in.

This is what's keeping me up nights as well ! Think about core image and the next version of iPhoto... is your mind melting like mine? Think about core video and the next version of iMovie...

We'll see video and photo editing capabillities never before seen even in todays Photoshop and Final Cut Pro. (I didn't say those two couldn't and won't still do a lot of things iLife never will)

Tiger is the biggest step in X yet. Steves presentation blew my mind to the extend as when he first showed off Aqua.

This whole subject has me rambeling, I've been seen walking the steets at night talking to myself, in coffee-shops with a glazy smile and a distant starre... I NEED HELP!!!

LongHorn is delayed, Steve wants to surprise everyone with a Tiger roar at MWSF in January. (also to get his reputation back on track with this years 3 Ghz, 100 million ITMS and iMac missteps)

JANUARY 05 I TELL YA' !!!!!!! ....or I'll need handcuffs!
  • Reply 6 of 8
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    I'd think it'd be around April-May 05, more in line with hmurchison and kickaha. I'd be stunned if they had it out by January... too many details to work out.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MCQ

I'd think it'd be around April-May 05, more in line with hmurchison and kickaha. I'd be stunned if they had it out by January... too many details to work out.

agreed:

Apple obviously wants 3rd party vendors(Adobe, I am looking at you) to take advantage of core*, they also want tons of widgets to be availible for Konfab...er...uh dashboard.

They also want and need time to spice up their apps, like iLife and the pro video line.

it will be relesed in april, a week before NAB, at nab, we will see new pro video apps running on the QT7 platform which will also surface at nab.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    I imagine apple will come out with a firmer date at MWSF 05.

My guess is march or April.