Why does my iSub 'disconnect' after sleep

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Anytime I start some audio app after me iMac has been asleep the iSub is idle. I almost always have to unplug the USB connection and the plug again to get it working. Rather irritating

Do you tech guys think it's a problem with my Os X (10.3.4) or is it simply some kind of HW malfunction? I just bought the iSub at Ebay and it looks just as new.

Cheers

kelib

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Is the iSub connected to your Mac or to a keyboard/display/hub?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    Directly to the Mac, sorry, should have told this in my original post
  • Reply 3 of 3
    auroraaurora Posts: 1,142member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kelib

Anytime I start some audio app after me iMac has been asleep the iSub is idle. I almost always have to unplug the USB connection and the plug again to get it working. Rather irritating

Do you tech guys think it's a problem with my Os X (10.3.4) or is it simply some kind of HW malfunction? I just bought the iSub at Ebay and it looks just as new.

Cheers

kelib

I think its just B.S to have sound running on usb period. i also have the same problem . sometimes playing with volume brings it back sometimes not depending on program. notice Apple has moved away from this with optical in & out . Now isub made a world of difference with my pro speakers diverting the highs and mids to the pro's and lows to the isub making the system sound 100% better but it is annoying having to unplug on occasion and replug when gaming.