And the next crappy Star Wars movie is....

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Revenge of the Sith...

Darth Linky

Wholly unoriginaly in my opinion and predictable at that.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 47
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2002

Revenge of the Sith...

Darth Linky

Wholly unoriginaly in my opinion and predictable at that.

Considering the original title for ep.VI was "Revenge of the Jedi", this isn't really a surprise.
  • Reply 2 of 47
    henriokhenriok Posts: 537member
    I think "Revenge of the Sith" is a very good name. It has obvious ties with the original trilogy, the expanded mythology and what we expect of the new movie.

I still have a hard time accepting he names of Ep.I and Ep.II though. "Attack of the Clones" should've been "The Clone Wars" och "The Phantom Menace" should've been something in the lines of "Darkness rising" or "The Hidden Enemy".

But that's just me.

I think George Lucas is as specific in his vision as Steve Jobs is. He probably won't listen to different oppinions.
  • Reply 3 of 47
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    The Star Wars movies are so pathetically terrible . . . someone should simply put an end to them . . .

Saturday Afternoon Television Specials from the seventies were better than these hack-jobs

Everytime I see one I groan through the whole thing and ask myself, from minute one to minute too-many, why oh why did I waste my time seeing this tripe?!!!!
  • Reply 4 of 47
    jimdreamworxjimdreamworx Posts: 1,095member
    No matter how many complaints are registered. we're all gonna see them anyway!
  • Reply 5 of 47
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Henriok

I think "Revenge of the Sith" is a very good name. It has obvious ties with the original trilogy, the expanded mythology and what we expect of the new movie.

I still have a hard time accepting he names of Ep.I and Ep.II though. "Attack of the Clones" should've been "The Clone Wars" och "The Phantom Menace" should've been something in the lines of "Darkness rising" or "The Hidden Enemy".

I thought the phantom menace was a pretty good title, but the movie was ridiculously terrible. like, the first couple minutes were pretty decent because you didn't really know what was going on and there were jedi, but *everything* after that is absolutely wretched!

The second one couldn't really be called "the clone wars" since it was only the first battle of the clone wars, Attack of the Clones is a silly title, but so is The Empire Strikes Back.

Revenge of the Sith is a fine title, Revenge of the Jedi was never a good idea, good thing they changed it.

I'm sure episode 3 will be far superior to episode 1 and 2, I don't really see how it can't be, considering everything that has to happen in the story.
  • Reply 6 of 47
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

I'm sure episode 3 will be far superior to episode 1 and 2, I don't really see how it can't be, considering everything that has to happen in the story.

If there's a will, there's a way.
  • Reply 7 of 47
    Ep III can and will suck because Lucas thinks he can direct a good Star Wars movie, which he can not. The first Star Wars film (which is the only of the first 3 that Lucas directed), while successful, was definitely the most bland of the 3 originals. Now that Lucas has even less time to spend directing due to his raging hard on for CGI, his directing efforts have become terrible.

It's interesting to see the man who gave birth to this amazing tale be the same person to completely destroy it. Good job George.

PS - CGI Neo-Yoda sucked.
  • Reply 8 of 47
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

...his raging hard on for CGI...

It's going to be especially brutal to watch Ep III post-Lord of the Rings and Peter Jackson showing how CGI can be used within a story while not distracting from it.

But, like JimDreamworx said, I'll be there opening night, anxious to bitch about it on AI.

Jeff
  • Reply 9 of 47
    ludwigvanludwigvan Posts: 458member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

The Star Wars movies are so pathetically terrible . . . someone should simply put an end to them . . .

Considering that this is the last of the prequels, your wish has no doubt been granted.
  • Reply 10 of 47
    jimdreamworxjimdreamworx Posts: 1,095member
    What? Lucas ain't making VII, VIII and IX?

Oh, crap!
  • Reply 11 of 47
    henriokhenriok Posts: 537member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

The second one couldn't really be called "the clone wars" since it was only the first battle of the clone wars, Attack of the Clones is a silly title, but so is The Empire Strikes Back.

Well, the clones never really attacked until the very end so that argument goes out the same window. And.. the clones never attacked the good guys so the title is a bit off, since "we" didn't get attacked.
  • Reply 12 of 47
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Henriok

Well, the clones never really attacked until the very end so that argument goes out the same window. And.. the clones never attacked the good guys so the title is a bit off, since "we" didn't get attacked.

Yeah, that's true, but that's also why it shouldn't have been called "the clone wars" (which is what I used to think it should have been called)

It could have been called "the fall of the republic" or something like that maybe. I dunno, oh well, it's AotC and it always will be.
  • Reply 13 of 47
    a10t2a10t2 Posts: 191member
    IIRC Lucas said that Episodes 7-9 wouldn't be made into movies.

Which probably means we won't see them for about ten years. ;-)
  • Reply 14 of 47
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    I thought they had already released III

Oh well it probably was the ring thing. Or Matrix. Or Harry Potter.
  • Reply 15 of 47
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jeffyboy

It's going to be especially brutal to watch Ep III post-Lord of the Rings and Peter Jackson showing how CGI can be used within a story while not distracting from it.

But, like JimDreamworx said, I'll be there opening night, anxious to bitch about it on AI.

Jeff

The CG in Lord of the Rings was often really, really awful. I'd say that Lucas'd group actually does it better, at least as far as animation is concerned.
  • Reply 16 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by jeffyboy

Jeff

I wish george would hand the movie over to someone else. The dude is not a good director for these movies. Just look at the acting. He seems to care more about the technology than the writing and acting. Peter Jackson would be a nice replacement.

bad, bad movies... but yeah I will go to see it.
  • Reply 17 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by willcurrie

I wish george would hand the movie over to someone else. The dude is not a good director for these movies. Just look at the acting. He seems to care more about the technology than the writing and acting. Peter Jackson would be a nice replacement.

bad, bad movies... but yeah I will go to see it.

Some people say Spielberg asked George to allow him to direct the EPIII, but George refused. Bad move in my opinion...but yeah...we'll all see it anyway, and George will have a good laugh all the way to the bank from his crappy digital effects, bland directing talent, and really...and I mean REALLY...bad writing.
  • Reply 18 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

The CG in Lord of the Rings was often really, really awful. I'd say that Lucas'd group actually does it better, at least as far as animation is concerned.

I whole-heartedly disagree...but to each their own.
  • Reply 19 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2002

I whole-heartedly disagree...but to each their own.

Disagreement is good, but it's hard to argue that that scene with Legolas sliding down the trunk of that elephant mid-battle and striking one of his many vogue poses was some of the stupidest cinematography/CG ever.
  • Reply 20 of 47
    whisperwhisper Posts: 735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

Disagreement is good, but it's hard to argue that that scene with Legolas sliding down the trunk of that elephant mid-battle and striking one of his many vogue poses was some of the stupidest cinematography/CG ever.

If I can tell it's CG, it's bad CG. Thus the particular scene to which you refer is indeed bad CG (as was the horse mounting bit in the Two Towers), but most of the CG in the Lord of the Rings was excellent.