G5-2.5 shipping dates.

Comments

• Reply 61 of 335
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    It's very strang, I have re-read this thread and it seems like an awful lot of people have a 30th July delivery date, I wonder why.
  • Reply 62 of 335
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    If you ask me too many people do. I will provide a snapshot if it will please you.
  • Reply 63 of 335
    auslanderauslander Posts: 183member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Addison

It's very strang, I have re-read this thread and it seems like an awful lot of people have a 30th July delivery date, I wonder why.

I still have a ship by date of "on or before 7/28/2004" for my G5 dual 2.5. My 40GB iPod (added to my order yesterday) has a ship by of "on or before 7/26/2004".

While I really don't mind if these dates do end up working or not, it's exciting to think that they might!

• Reply 64 of 335
    THe dual g5 has a line item in the care that is not present in the other models,

Accessory kit

Any ideas what it is? liquid cooling maintenance, or replacement parts?
  • Reply 65 of 335
    So I'm in the process of moving from Missouri to Michigan and will be out of my place on July 30th. Well my 2.5 G5 is scheduled to ship on or before the 30th. So in interest in having the computer shipped to the address I'm at, I called ADC and asked for their suggestion if I need to change my mailing address or if the G5 would be there by the 30th. She told be that she "doubts they will ship before the 30th" and that they are "waiting for parts." Now this is understandable, as I've order the Nvidia 6800. But her commment was for all G5 2.5 PowerMacs. Should be an interesting few days to see how apple handles the situation!
  • Reply 66 of 335
    And this year they don't have the Virginia Tech excuse!
  • Reply 67 of 335
    mac1mac1 Posts: 4member
    I'm a new kid on the block...followed this thread and thought I'd throw in my order and ship dates:

I ordered the dual 2.5 on June 29th and my ship date as of today is on or before July 30th. I ordered the 23" monitor at the same time. I'm admiring it on my desk and can't wait to actually use it!

Like all of you, I anxiously await the G5's arrival. I need to stop thinking about it!!!!!! It's like that old saying, "A watched pot never boils", I guess a fast G5 arrives slowly.
  • Reply 68 of 335
    8/18? School starts 8/8. I've never owned a mac before. I don't know if I'll have the patience to learn how to use a system during a school year, plus get hte programs i need for it. Sometimes I want to curse out apple like crazy....but I refrain because I'm surrounded by apple zealots.

• Reply 69 of 335
    mac1mac1 Posts: 4member
    The best is always worth waiting for!
  • Reply 70 of 335
    jmoneyjmoney Posts: 133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SwitchingSoon

8/18? School starts 8/8. I've never owned a mac before. I don't know if I'll have the patience to learn how to use a system during a school year, plus get hte programs i need for it. Sometimes I want to curse out apple like crazy....but I refrain because I'm surrounded by apple zealots.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, even if you don't get your computer until a few days into the semester.. macs are made for people to actually use. There's barely even a learning curve. You'll be fine, since good things always come to those who wait. Enjoy your new mac!!
  • Reply 71 of 335
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    3 days to go, I wonder if it will arrive?
  • Reply 72 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by Addison

3 days to go, I wonder if it will arrive?

What did you order?
  • Reply 73 of 335
    eh.....dont get your hopes up
  • Reply 74 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by SwitchingSoon

eh.....dont get your hopes up

SwitchingSoon, I'm a little jealous that's one hell of a machine you've got headed your way!!
  • Reply 75 of 335
    Talked to ADC again today. They finally changed my order from dual 2.5 to dual 2.0 with 9800xt and 20gb iPod.

At first she thought I still wanted my dual 2.5. And wanted me to wait until the 2nd week of august before she could tell me if I would get my computer before the first week of september. The way things sounded, they weren't really sure how many people are going to have their shipping dates pushed back from july 30th. I'm going to be watching this like a hawk. Personally I think a dual 2.0 will work fine for cocoa / unix development and photoshop work.

I hope you guys get your machines on time. If you ask me, I think some of you are going to be disappointed.
  • Reply 76 of 335
    Yeah it seems like the supply won't quite meet the demand.. oh well I don't have money for one just yet anyway.. by the time I can afford one they'll be talking about revising the current line.. then I guess I'll get me a dual 3.0 after all!
  • Reply 77 of 335
    jjjj Posts: 48member
    I just called again about my 2.5 w/6800 and this time spoke to someone who seemed a bit more knowledgeable. He said the 2.5's should be shipping on time and when I asked about the 6800 he said that my order will very likely be shipped as stated on 7/30. Huh, wonder what gives.
  • Reply 78 of 335
    auslanderauslander Posts: 183member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jj

I just called again about my 2.5 w/6800 and this time spoke to someone who seemed a bit more knowledgeable. He said the 2.5's should be shipping on time and when I asked about the 6800 he said that my order will very likely be shipped as stated on 7/30. Huh, wonder what gives.

Based on this, I just re-re-checked with ADC and they told me that my shipping date (28th) still holds. I have to go on a road trip so I wanted to find out if an alternate destination address would be necessary, and they said no (mine's a dual 2.5 with 6800 vid card).

So, here's hoping!
  • Reply 79 of 335
    leppoleppo Posts: 66member
    Yeaaaaaarrrrrghhhhhh!!!!!

(Sorry, the tension is just getting to me. Friday can't get here soon enough. At least by then I'll hopefully know more information.)
  • Reply 80 of 335
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leppo

Yeaaaaaarrrrrghhhhhh!!!!!

(Sorry, the tension is just getting to me. Friday can't get here soon enough. At least by then I'll hopefully know more information.)

First they're going to ship yours, then they're going to ship his, then his, then his....Then they're coming to my housee to take back my coveted computer desk from windoze! Yeaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrcggggggggggghhhhhh!!!!