Virginity rules OK?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm not trying to take the piss out of anybody who believes in the whole no sex before marriage thing.

I don't need to! http://www.virginityrules.com/

Aside from what must be one of the cheesiest web sites of all time, do check out the scintillating forums (it'll make you feel much better about this place if nothing else). Don't register and upset them.

However, I would like to know why we never get quality posts like this from our admins.

Quote:

How does everyone feel about no sex until marriage?

I personally think that it is really hard to do, especially when you are lip locked with a hotty. _I know alot of people who have done it so I guess it's not impossable to do. _I guess it just takes self-controll.

I feel so cheated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    I'm pissed i can't download any desktops....you don't think they can tell that I'm......not........a..........virgin.......do you?
  • Reply 2 of 21
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I don't buy the no sex before marriage. I think that you don't marry for having sex, but for building a family. I will also note, that in the old times, it was good for a woman to be a virgin (even mandatory), but this rules do not apply for the men. In the good "bourgeois" family, the father bring their childs in some special house with a red lantern in order to educate (or the french word deniaisais" them.

In an another note, I am not for sex at the first date either. Notice that I broked this law when I met my wife " coups de foudre " may happen
  • Reply 3 of 21
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Why the hell would you marry someone if you don't know if they're good in the sack?
  • Reply 4 of 21
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Why the hell would you marry someone if you don't know if they're good in the sack?

Why Aquatic, you hopeless romantic you....
  • Reply 5 of 21
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Or on the floor beside the bed. Or the floor in general. Or the couch. Or leaning against the fridge. Or on the stairs. Or in the car. Or...
  • Reply 6 of 21
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

Or on the floor beside the bed. Or the floor in general. Or the couch. Or leaning against the fridge. Or on the stairs. Or in the car. Or...

.....mmmm that scene from 'The Night Porter' where Dirk Bogarde f**ks Charlotte Rampling on broken glass......

Sorry! Lost in my own thoughts there for a minute.

They know skmdc, trust me, they know.

You dirty, dirty man.

You too, Powerdoc.

And as for you Aquatic, I've no doubt their crack (ahem) squad of mutant Ninja virgins is tracking you down this very minute.
  • Reply 7 of 21
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    It's pretty morally offensive.
  • Reply 8 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

It's pretty morally offensive.

What the site or this thread?

I think someone should see if their member Jake would like to join AI. With posts like this

Quote:

Hey everyone. _I'm not from Texas, and I just gotta know why everyone from Texas is an uptight, christian wacko, that loves guns, war, and ugly pick-up trucks. _

_

Discuss...

he should fit right in.
  • Reply 9 of 21
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    The site. It's a front for an abstinence-only education program. (Read the "about" section.)
  • Reply 10 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

The site. It's a front for an abstinence-only education program. (Read the "about" section.)

Which is why I find it amusing that even the Admin doesn't seem totally convinced that virginity rules. That post above seems to be the equivalent of Amorph posting "Macs are sorta OK but Dells are really neat too."

Once more with conviction!

I do, however, think their choice of colours is morally offensive. There really should be some sort of law against that. Preferably one that involves the death penalty.
  • Reply 11 of 21
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    At first I thought this was going to be some sort of humor site like "the rules of virginity" I didn't realize it was Virginity rules! with an exclamation mark. Whatever.
  • Reply 12 of 21
    staphbabystaphbaby Posts: 353member
    Actually, the things I find most disturbing are:

(1) many of these kids seem to think sex necessarily leads to pregnancy ? and none of the admins have pointed out to them the obvious solution to this problem;

(2) they all seem to think marriage is a normal part of people's life-cycle!

Hmm.

Not to mention that all that flash animation makes me want to tear out my eyes.

How revolting.
  • Reply 13 of 21
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    I believe you should have experienced both sides before making an informed decision, but what the heck, there are more ways to happyness than one.

I would hate myself had I waited until I was married and only then experienced what a motivating force in live sex is.
  • Reply 14 of 21
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    I think abstinence is really nifty until you're ready to have sex!

</blonde>
  • Reply 15 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

I think abstinence is really nifty until you're ready to have sex!

</blonde>

Brilliant!

(Phew. Saw you'd posted, forgotten what I'd written, thought "oh no, I'm gonna get into trouble for making fun of virgins.")

Now, if you've got the time, scoot on over to the Real Music thread in DH and explain to us what that's all about will ya? 'Cause everybody's got a theory about the implications but it's obvious they're all just stumbling around bumping into walls and talking through their arses. Kickaha's trying to pretend he understands it but everybody knows Kickaha doesn't know nuffink about that stuff.

Need to know.
  • Reply 16 of 21
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    Quote:

Sex is not the primary reason for getting married to someone. But on the other hand, if I am going through that circus / process of marraige, I better get some!!

p>s> My wife is pregnant with our second child and sex is still fun. 8)
  • Reply 17 of 21
    pantherpanther Posts: 64member
    Quote:

Because they are desperate losers who can't get for their personal mentality (whatever) get laid unless they are married? .. Like if you can't live anywhere unless you buy the house first. Without seeing or trying it.

Hey, I assume we are not talking about the arranged marriages but the western love type marriage and the no sex before marriage in relation to that?

I love the person I love no matter whether I am married or not. So good night hunny ...
  • Reply 18 of 21
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Well blow jobs don't technically count, I hear. Giggity giggity allriiight!
  • Reply 19 of 21
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Upon further reflection after many years of sex-filled monogamous relationships ( ), I pitty the foo' who goes into marriage not knowing the first thing about sex or whether or not they're sexually compatible with their chosen mate. These folks seem to think it's automatic, that if you love someone, there must then be sexual compatibility too.

Bzzzzt. Wrong answer. I'm sure plenty of marriages have broken up as a result of two well-meaning people finding out they have no real attraction to one another / sexual chemistry after a couple years of marriage. And even more marriages that never broke up but which probably should have.

Sounds callous but sex is a very important thing in a relationship; it's not just a way to get your jollies twice a week or whatever. It creates an emotional bond that remains long after the good times have... rolled. That's why, IMO, teenagers should be careful about having sex. It has nothing to do with the Bible or what Minister Smiley tells you is "right".

It's the emotional attachment that most teens aren't able to handle well, and when one or both parties ends up breaking it off (as most teen romances do), there's often a distorted picture of love and relationships that results, because they didn't know how to handle the emotions that resulted from the sex.

And with that... I shall depart. Adieu!
  • Reply 20 of 21
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Upon further reflection after many years of sex-filled monogamous relationships ( ), I pitty the foo' who goes into marriage not knowing the first thing about sex or whether or not they're sexually compatible with their chosen mate. These folks seem to think it's automatic, that if you love someone, there must then be sexual compatibility too.

Bzzzzt. Wrong answer. I'm sure plenty of marriages have broken up as a result of two well-meaning people finding out they have no real attraction to one another / sexual chemistry after a couple years of marriage. And even more marriages that never broke up but which probably should have.

Sounds callous but sex is a very important thing in a relationship; it's not just a way to get your jollies twice a week or whatever. It creates an emotional bond that remains long after the good times have... rolled. That's why, IMO, teenagers should be careful about having sex. It has nothing to do with the Bible or what Minister Smiley tells you is "right".

It's the emotional attachment that most teens aren't able to handle well, and when one or both parties ends up breaking it off (as most teen romances do), there's often a distorted picture of love and relationships that results, because they didn't know how to handle the emotions that resulted from the sex.

And with that... I shall depart. Adieu!

Great Post Moogs, I am going to keep it, until my daughters will become teens . I am efraid that they will not listen to your message