Virtual PC 7.0 delayed into October

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    like the VPN software I have to use to access one of my clients networks. its these little things that make VPC indispensable.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    the061the061 Posts: 25member
    Anyone remember SoftWindows for Classic?

Well Softwindows98 runs perfectly on my G5 DP1.8 in Classic mode, so I can now run Actinic, which is the only PC software I need.

Just don't tell anybody
  • Reply 23 of 28
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by the061

Anyone remember SoftWindows for Classic?

Well Softwindows98 runs perfectly on my G5 DP1.8 in Classic mode, so I can now run Actinic, which is the only PC software I need.

Just don't tell anybody

does it really?

softwindows was always the faster of the two programs.

VPC never worked in classic

(goes looking for old copy of softwindows)
  • Reply 24 of 28
    the061the061 Posts: 25member
    certainly does...

Clicky screen shot
  • Reply 25 of 28
    jmoneyjmoney Posts: 133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by the061

certainly does...

Clicky screen shot

Wow that's pretty sw33t!
  • Reply 26 of 28
    tidristidris Posts: 214member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Space?

I find it hard to imagine an office so small that it can contain a desktop Mac and a desktop PC at the same time. Laptop users aren't an issue, at least until Apple releases a G5 laptop.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    For what it's worth, I just received the Sept. Macworld and it has a full-page ad for VPC 7. I remember this happening with Office earlier in the year. There was an ad in Macworld and then around a month later Office shipped.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    I am praying that VPC7 will use video card and other hardware support. Like someone said, space and room is a factor for me, I have my nice little apartment, but I dont have enough space for 2 full desktops.

If VPC 7 can emulate a PC as fast as a real PC I can finally throw this piece of shit away, and get a G5.

I guess I'll have to wait till VPC7 comes out to see.

I know I might get flamed for this, but hopefully microsoft can make VirtualPC an alternative to a real one, after all they're still getting paid either way. I really hope their love obsession with Intel doesnt hurt it.

Cheers