Question for an Apple retail person about ipod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just received a gift from my wife. A 40 GB ipod. She bought it three weeks ago and surprised me with it yesterday. She dropped about 515 dollars with tax. Problem is, it is the 3G 40 GB. I have yet to open the ipod, the plastic wrap still is in place. Is there any way this ipod could be taken to an Apple store and exchanged for the 4G ipod? Any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    not an retail employee but I'm pretty sure the answer is no. I think they have a 14 day return/price protection policy. so, 3 weeks would be out of that range.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    I would try and bring it into an Apple retail store and see if they can do anything about it. If it's still in the wrapper, I'm sure they can scan the bar code to see if it was legally purchased.

Who knows, you might find a friendly manager who's willing to bend the rules. Would be nice if he/she did. A good deed can go a long way.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    If it was bouhgt at a Best buy, or comp usa, THEY may take it back, then you just call apple and order a new one.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Try taking it back to the place of purchase and ask... what's the worst that could happen? You'll probably wind up with in-store credit.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    I hope you can exchange it, but in case you can't, let me just tell you... the 3G iPod is great. I have one and it's pretty neat. I'd rather have a 4G, tho.

You could eBay it or make a raffle or something. It's specially attractive because it's still in its box. You could sell it to someone who doesn't need to have the greatest and latest in technology but who still wants a 'Pod.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    jmoneyjmoney Posts: 133member
    Edit by Fran441:

We do not tolerate spam on these boards..
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Please, dont wreck a good thread with that stuff. I think everyone is getting tired of it right about now. Thanks.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Quote:

Originally posted by terry123

I just received a gift from my wife. A 40 GB ipod. She bought it three weeks ago and surprised me with it yesterday. She dropped about 515 dollars with tax. Problem is, it is the 3G 40 GB. I have yet to open the ipod, the plastic wrap still is in place. Is there any way this ipod could be taken to an Apple store and exchanged for the 4G ipod? Any ideas? Thanks

I think if it has not yet ben opened you have one month. I am not positive on that though. Just call up the Apple Store and see what they say.