Apple Employees are Punks!

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Commission-based jobs remove your soul through your anus, I would rather develop photos at Wal-Mart, no lie.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    mnarcisomnarciso Posts: 29member
    Quote:

\tCommission-based jobs remove your soul through your anus, I would rather develop photos at Wal-Mart, no lie.

(SOME) Apple Employees are like really bad car salesmen... if you walk into an apple store there is swarms of sales people there ready to take your money. I swear I think Apple knows that most of the people they are get are not computer saavy and know they can gut them of their riches! However, most people in my area have the money to throw away anyway.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    I just bought a 1.33 12inch yesterday. I walked into the store and when the salesperson approached I said that I was here to buy a 12inch 1.33GHz Powerbook with Superdrive and that was it. I also said that if they tried to sell me anything else at all I would walk out of the store. The smart salesperson said yes sir.. he got me rung up and out the door.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    My own nightmare experience at the Apple Store involves my enraged brother, his PB with a bad harddrive and the jackasses who wouldn't let me borrow a proper freaking torx wrench to get a screw loose. They wanted 30 goddam dollars to free the stuck screws. Christ almighty.

What was funny though was that my brother was off staring at the software wall fuming with rage and someone walks up and tries to help him... I thought that guy was about to get a full-grown Beckham male enema. (What the hell is it with me and the anus today?)
  • Reply 25 of 26
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    I've only been into our Galleria AppleStore to get a presentation pointer, and the guy that helped me was really nice and quick about just checking that out and offering nothing else. We got into a conversation about our PowerBooks, though (both had the same model --- last of the Tis) and how pulling out an Apple at school presentations has a certain mystique about it!

So I can't speak for big purchases, but - yes - it may be a localized thing. However most (normal) New Yorkers I know are very nice.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Employes at both the Bellevue Square and University Village AppleStore were helpful and nice. However, those in the Bellevue Square are somewhat don't care about customer (like me).

Anyway.. most of the time, I just purchase DVD-R or hard copy of iTMS gift certificates.. not hardware.