OMG My New PowerBook!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well I ended up getting the 12" PB just because it seemed like a better investment because it would last just a bit longer then the iBook as far as performance.

I can't explain to you how happy I am I got this laptop. This is my first Apple PC ever. I have had an iPod for awhile so not my first Apple product.

Holy cow the first time i turned it on its so not even like looking at them in the store. Its really different when something belongs to you! The quality about everything... the feel of the keyboard, the way everything opens. I'm sure you've been there done that but I just had to write about how excited I am about my new PowerBook.

I don't even have any upgrades and I'm already happy with what it does. I will get the 512 MB after I write this post from Crucial but wow I can't even wonder where to start with this thing!

I installed Diablo II with the Native Installer and wow was I impressed with how Blizzard keeps up with satisfying their customers.

iTunes just feels better on a Mac hands down. Hooking up my iPod was so easy instead of getting errors from my PC.

I know I'm all over the place but I don't think I've ever been this excited about a PC product before. The thing was ready to go right out of the box. I was scared I would have to wait for the battery to charge but it stated its ready to go right out of the box.

It looks so elegant on my desk. I swear my room feels cleaner with it in my room haha. I did however experience my first crash but its because Diablo II was trying to install Diablo II under Mac OS X without the patch.

Now I have one question more to come probably later haha... when uninstalling programs do I simply just drag the folder to the trash? I mean is there anything else i need to get rid of? Does it leave a mess like Windows does in the registry or any hidden folders?

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    hhoganhhogan Posts: 117member
    Congrats!
  • Reply 2 of 11
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    Check this thread for any and all information on uninstalling. And congrats! I have a 12" as well and couldn't be happier!
  • Reply 3 of 11
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    mnarciso

Congrats! I was just checking out the 12" PB a few days ago. Initially I thought to myaelf that 12" was too small but looking at it in person I didn't mind the screen. In fact the 12" has a certain charm to it.

I'm going to go with with an iMac next for the power but my plans after that will be to grab a PB after my transfer to a University. Where I'll need a notebook much more for schoolwork.

Nice to have a current and new computer isn't it. Just like new car smell. LOL
  • Reply 4 of 11
    and get this: http://www.welovemacs.com/tiscrconclr.html

I'm sure you'll scratch it soon enough... I have a bunch of scratches on mine even though I baby it like no other. At least theres a way to get rid of it
  • Reply 5 of 11
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member

Congrats on the new bit of kit ! thx for sharing.. time for you to post a pic in the picture thread if you can !
  • Reply 6 of 11
    mnarcisomnarciso Posts: 29member
    Hey thanks for suggestion guys! I just ordered my 512 and will soon be faster! I feel like this Powerbook will change my life and lifestyle after all it is a bit cooler to tote around since Apple products seem to be accepted as a fashion statement now with the iPod and all showing up in plenty of music videos and movies.

Does anyone know how I can set firefox as my default browser? I'm having a lot of trouble figuring this out. Checked forums and mozilla forums.

Thanks again guys!
  • Reply 7 of 11
    if you can't find how on firefox (I like camino better out of the 2 though I use safari). Use safari to change your preferences. Open safari and under Safari, Preferences, General tab, Default Browser, select Firefox and you done.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    mnarcisomnarciso Posts: 29member
    Ahhh thanks! Thats better, I used FireFox a lot over the past year on my PC and I really got use to it. I should try Camino though.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    cprtedcprted Posts: 2member
    I am in exactly the same boat. About two weeks ago, I kissed windows goodbye and bought a 12" Powerbook. I love it! I haven't had a single moment of regret. Whats that windows users? Another worm is atacking your computers? While you're pulling your hair out trying download this week's security update, I'll be surfing in peace.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Haha good to hear good to hear. I haven't completely switched over, I am hybrid PC/Mac now. It just makes more sense to do things on a Mac laptop then on a PC laptop. I play games on my desktop and do my work on my Laptop.

Since PC laptops arn't the best for games either I said why not save some money and get a nice sleek looking 12" Powerbook. Its a little slower then my T41p as far as games go but Laptops weren't meant to play games.

It feels that much nicer to work on a laptop that looks good cosmetically and interface-wise. As soon as I pop in more ram then I'll be fully satisfied.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    gartulation to your new Powerbook.

My first Apple computer is on sightseeing in Shanghai, it left the production line on 26th July and still hasn't left the City.

It seems to be very difficult to find a plane to Europe

Update: arrived after 7 days traveling.