Fairplay licensing

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 21
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

Let me turn this around: If a company, acting out of sheer malice, sues another company for the entirely legal and ethical behavior involved in bringing a product to market, is that OK? Should the companies with the biggest legal budgets necessarily win? Keep in mind that most small companies have little to no money to fight a determined lawsuit, or even to enforce their own patents, so it's possible for a big company to "win" a lawsuit without spending a minute in court.

I think that's what happened to Connectix. Sony sued Connectix for reverse-engineering the PSX BIOS. After many court cases, Connectix gave up because Sony, the man with the biggest budget, was driving Connectix's budget into the red. I think that's the way things work in fascist USA. But please, correct me if I'm wrong.

I've heard a lot of stories of little companies going under because bigger companies had to the money.

The justice system in the United States stinks.

BTW, I never said Connectix did this in malice. I said "if a company did this in malice".