Applecare

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Is applecare on an ibook really worth it? "I would like to get accident insurance but apple doesn't even offer it. I just wondered others personal experiences.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Yes.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    novablasnovablas Posts: 12member
    IMO AppleCare is always worth it. It's always served me well in the past, and with a laptop, it's a must.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    playmakerplaymaker Posts: 511member
    I didnt get it originally on my first mac (G4 Cube) then I moved into a new house and was having electrical problems, which I believe eventually led to my power supply getting fried. I called apple and found out my warranty had just expired and was told my only option was to purchase the apple care warranty if I didnt want to pay for the repairs myself. I complied and bought the apple care, which ended up offering exceptinal technical support later on. I was told where to bring my cube from the apple care rep and was called 2 days later to come pick up my cube which had been flown to cupertino overnight, fixed, tested, and sent back overnight again so I wasnt away from my beloved cube for more than 3 days. I'd reccomend it every time.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    i had to get a new motherboard for my iBook and the bill would have been $950.