Post counts

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Is it my imagination or have post counts re-appeared, I am sure that they were removed for a while, or were they visable all along.

Personally, I think we were much better off without them. No one is going to post just to increase their count which must mean better content.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    They were gone for a while, but we decided that having them off didn't really change anything, and besides, the other mods want to embarass me by having my post count visible to all.

Having them visible also makes it incrementally easier to know when you've posted enough to get a custom title...
  • Reply 2 of 15
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Makes me think back to when our registration dates extended before 2001...

No matter. Thanks for bringing back the post counts, even though my count is small.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    speaking of post counts... any chance we could get a recount script done?

the gap is more then 70 posts and well over 1000% of their actual post count for some users
  • Reply 4 of 15
    ialexialex Posts: 3member
    what the .. this is my 3rd ever post and look at my count O_O
  • Reply 5 of 15
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    Next week you might have enough for a custom title

EDIT: I really have 442 posts at this stage.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by iAlex

what the .. this is my 3rd ever post and look at my count O_O

• Reply 7 of 15
    Is it just with my account or what?, but I just droped almost 200 posts.... I was at 1006, now only 871. I had some other weird numbers before to. went from 1006 to 950 something to 871......
  • Reply 8 of 15
    I ran vB's post count calculator this morning. Post counting under vB is quite buggy, as some of you have noticed, and so the developers thoughtfully supplied a "slap sense into me" button.

Post counts will drop, sometimes by hundreds of posts, but that's probably because those counts were off by hundreds of posts.

Thanks for your patience.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    My post count just went down 125 posts! How will I muster the will to live if I don't have 2000+ posts?
  • Reply 10 of 15
    playmakerplaymaker Posts: 511member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

My post count just went down 125 posts! How will I muster the will to live if I don't have 2000+ posts?

I came here to mention seeing the same problem but hopefully the powers that be will resolve this after reading your post. At least we werent knocked back down to junior status i'd have to start working part time to catch back up to scraping senior status.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Recount! recount! Recount!

I looked about a month ago and I had about 280ish (nowhere near you Amorph), now I am at 192 (about to be 193)... whats that all about.

iDunno
  • Reply 12 of 15
    jiminy c.jiminy c. Posts: 101member
    Dude, I had like 60 posts and now I only have 26!! I demand a recount. I've become a Junior Member. I'm getting younger.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    That many of your posts were hanging chads. Get over it already.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    \ just went from senior member to member. Can't remember what my post count was but sure was a lot more than is displayed Buggy indeed!
  • Reply 15 of 15
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Playmaker

I came here to mention seeing the same problem but hopefully the powers that be will resolve this after reading your post. At least we werent knocked back down to junior status i'd have to start working part time to catch back up to scraping senior status.

Oh, the HUMANITY!

Scroll to the bottom:

Something Awful guide to forum posting

(BTW, that's like page 4, so if you want to get all the laughs from the beginning, go here. I don't know why the images aren't working)