Free Speeches at iTMS

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Speeches from the first two days of the Democratic National Convention and well as the 9-11 Commission Report are available for free at the iTunes Music Store.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jahy

Speeches from the first two days of the Democratic National Convention and well as the 9-11 Commission Report are available for free at the iTunes Music Store.

Thanks for the heads up. I wanted to hear some of that
  • Reply 2 of 4
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    I dowloaded the important ones this morning. I'm glad they split up the individual speeches instead of keeping them in one giant file like earlier on.

I think it's absolutely amazing that Apple is making speeches from the Democratic Convention available on iTunes. This is just an other example of the political vitality of this country.

I still can't vote here in the US (I have a greencard, but not citizenship). I vote at home in France and in Switzerland instead. But this kind of leading edge political thinking reaffirms my choice to move here ten years ago.

I'm curious to see whether speeches from the Republican convention in NYC will be available just as easily. I would assume so, despite Jobs' inclination towards the Democratic side.

Escher
  • Reply 3 of 4
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

I dowloaded the important ones this morning. I'm glad they split up the individual speeches instead of keeping them in one giant file like earlier on.

I think it's absolutely amazing that Apple is making speeches from the Democratic Convention available on iTunes. This is just an other example of the political vitality of this country.

I still can't vote here in the US (I have a greencard, but not citizenship). I vote at home in France and in Switzerland instead. But this kind of leading edge political thinking reaffirms my choice to move here ten years ago.

I'm curious to see whether speeches from the Republican convention in NYC will be available just as easily. I would assume so, despite Jobs' inclination towards the Democratic side.

Escher

I would imagine that the repub. speaches would be free too.

My question is are the speaches copy-protected? or just stand-alone aac?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I believe C-Span is making these things available to Audible, and Audible is adding them to the Audiobooks area of the iTMS. So since it's all starts with C-Span, it's highly likely that the RNC will be available in the same way. I don't think this is an editorial decision, just good policy.

I've downloaded all 40 tracks of the 9-11 (do a search for "9-11" not "9/11") commission including the hearings, the overview and the press conference for free.

You can also download the full 9-11 report from Audible for $5 and C-Span has full coverage of these hearings and such in Real and WMV formats.

Finally, you can also

download free .pdfs of the 9-11 Commission report
    if you don't want to or can't get a hold of the printed book.