Potential sale price question

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Original Dual 1.8 G5 with 512 MB Ram & 250 GB HD. No AppleCare but still under warranty so I think AppleCare could be added after resale.

Bluetooth & AirPort Card

20.1" Formac Gallery LCD (no dead pixels)

Everymac says the G5 is in the $2100 range (not sure I believe that) and the LCD lists for $1299 but there are none on eBay so I can't guesstimate. They're each a few months (6?) old but in fine condition. I've always treated my hardware well.

But

I may have to purchase a portable. If I do, I can't keep this setup. It sucks because it's my favorite computer of all time. It brought the same kind of joy back that I used to enjoy when I had my Apple ][c. It'll be a sad day if I do it, even though I'll be purchasing a PowerBook. I purchased the damn thing in part because of Doom III and if I get PowerBook I won't even get to play the damn game for probably another year.

What's this setup worth? I'm getting unhappy thinking about a potential sale.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    sell the tower and keep the screen to use with the portable
  • Reply 2 of 3
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FormerLurker

sell the tower and keep the screen to use with the portable

Unfortunately I'll be porting it around.

EDIT: I could just save the LCD for later and keep it in storage with my other things.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Unfortunately I'll be porting it around.

EDIT: I could just save the LCD for later and keep it in storage with my other things.

no, sell the lcd and keep the money to get the latest/greatest when you get ready to settle down to a desk again.