airport express range

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
does anyone know the range on this puppy? i figure i would put it on the middle floor of a three floor house cuz there is computers on the third and basement. will that reach? its a townhouse so i figure its no more than 30/40ft each way. anyways, anyone with experience i would love to know the range. cheers!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    sport73sport73 Posts: 438member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cam'ron

does anyone know the range on this puppy? i figure i would put it on the middle floor of a three floor house cuz there is computers on the third and basement. will that reach? its a townhouse so i figure its no more than 30/40ft each way. anyways, anyone with experience i would love to know the range. cheers!

I can walk with my powerbook to the other end of my very long single-story Florida home with 3 bars. I think you're safe. Ranges are typically published as 150ft. for 802.11g and 300ft. for 802.11b, but that doesn't account for materials that might get in the way. Either way, you should be well within a safe range.

PS> The AIRPORT EXPRESS IS AWESOME! Changed the way I listen to music: again!
  • Reply 2 of 7
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    thanks a lot, i was a tad worried for a bit there. i thought i might have to purchase another one. well, cant wait to be playing itunes through my home theater in the living room. btw, do i just need to pick up an optical cable to set that up?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    sworthysworthy Posts: 71member
    don't be so sure... your milage may vary as my reception is decidedly worse than with my previous netgear router. Can't beat the features though!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    anybody tried using it with their 3rd party 802.11b hub?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    milage s/b mileage

awsome s/b awesome

• Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cam'ron

The guy at the apple store was excited to tell me that the range is

150 feet 11b and 50 feet for 11g

He was the "genius" so his information more trustworthy than the sales people.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

milage s/b mileage

awsome s/b awesome

Is this a spelling bee?