G5-2.5 shipping dates.

Comments

• Reply 141 of 335
    jjjj Posts: 48member
    I'm sure apple needs to play catchup and one of the biggest problems has to be the 6800. The later your projected shipdate the shorter (if any) your delay.

Thats my educated guess from watching these situations like a hawk for 5 yrs.... nothing more, nothing less.
  • Reply 142 of 335
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    OK so Apple sent the delay notices to all of us in error, great. Now we hear some are bing shipped.

IF ANYONE HERE HAS ORDERED THE 6800 AND HAS RECEIVED THEIR SHIPPING NOTICE PLEASE TELL US NOW.
  • Reply 143 of 335
    fugimaxfugimax Posts: 31member
    Just received this from someone at the ADC hardware store:

"Hi:

The demand for this item has exceeded our expectations. We will be shipping

them as quickly as possible, but cannot meet the ship date we previously

estimated for you. We now expect to ship your Power Mac in ?4-6 weeks?. We

appreciate your patience and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this

delay has caused you."

\
  • Reply 144 of 335
    auslanderauslander Posts: 183member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fugimax

I just called Apple's Enterprise division (ADC) and when I told her my ship date, the woman said it was from an update that got sent through the system with a large number of "false" dates. She took my name and telelphone number and is going to call back as soon as things are straightened out.

I wouldn't wait by the phone.

I spoke to her today too, and she said, and I quote " The info you see on the web is exactly what I see here". She told me to check every few days (every few minutes in my case - haha) and the update (if any) would happen once the backlog of earlier orders were cleared out. On a positive note, she was very nice on the phone, which under the circumstances I appreciated. I wouldn't have been surprised if she was exhausted by now.
  • Reply 145 of 335
    fugimaxfugimax Posts: 31member
    auslander --

That email I just got was actually from her. It looks like she decided to email rather than call.
  • Reply 146 of 335
    auroraaurora Posts: 1,142member
    This is great, my reseller is looking at Aug 6 delivery so pop in some memory,pop in a tv tuner card another printer(why not) and off to me. iam getting excited. if this goes well i should get it by the 10th or 11th. From reviews i have read the 9600xt should be able to handle anything that comes the mac way for a year or two. liquid cooling & low noise operation two 2.5 G5s. ill get a 6800 or 6900 later. this thing is going to be awesome. im also getting a 17" Samsung 172x thats silver and has almost the same styling.12ms response time. i'd post a picture but when i hit image it asks for a web address. any easy way to insert jpgs to your posts here? anyways congrats to everyone that has one coming. almost here.
  • Reply 147 of 335
    auslanderauslander Posts: 183member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fugimax

auslander --

That email I just got was actually from her. It looks like she decided to email rather than call.

Oops..sorry. I didn't see that post when I replied.

• Reply 148 of 335
    hydehyde Posts: 9member
    Quote:

im also getting a 17" Samsung 172x thats silver and has almost the same styling.12ms response time.

Please, look into the Samsung 710t It is real 24bit color (unlike 18bit on the 172x), still has 12ms, PLUS it is cheaper
  • Reply 149 of 335
    So, have any 2.5s actually shipped or was the AI report just wishful thinking?
  • Reply 150 of 335
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    I know my friend ordered a dual 2.5 2 days after they were announced through ADC store. His shipdate is 8/20/04. So you have to be pretty special to have got one if they did ship.

At first his ship date was 9/13... but they changed it recently. He called the main girl at ADC and she told him 8/20... I guess she was kind of pissed because everyone keeps calling and she has to say the same thing "I know as much as you do".
  • Reply 151 of 335
    As far as I know, no 2.5 G5s have actually been shipped. Some customers(me included) have received FedEx tracking #s which show that their packages have been sitting on the FedEX ramp in China for the last 3 days, which somehow does not seem right.
  • Reply 152 of 335
    mac1mac1 Posts: 4member
    have been sitting on the FedEX ramp in China for the last 3 days, which somehow does not seem right. [/B][/QUOTE]

It looks like my dual 2.5 has finally left Shenzhen China after a long visit there. (July 30-Aug3)

As of today, it's in Alaska.

The expected FedEx arrival date is August 3rd. OOPS!...at least I'm happy it's finally out of China.
  • Reply 153 of 335
    awillawill Posts: 43member
    Since we are a couple of days into August has anyone had an update on their shipping status? Are they any closer to the states than at the begining of the week?

I talked to my reseller and he said it shipped but didn't know where it was. So it makes me wonder if it even shipped yet. I want my computer!!!!!
  • Reply 154 of 335
    mines sitting on my desk
  • Reply 155 of 335
    jmoneyjmoney Posts: 133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JohnnyTwoToes

mines sitting on my desk

So how is it running? I think we need some details up in here. Is it silent? Do the fans get loud when doing complex stuff? We need details!!
  • Reply 156 of 335
    it makes the same noise as a 2.0 or a 1.8. there's really no difference. i got an email today as well telling me my shipping date slipped until 9/13. DONT LISTEN TO WHAT THEY'RE TELLING YOU. their system has gotta be so screwed up. i'm sure there's some going out the door as you read this.

www.waltzillustration.com
  • Reply 157 of 335
    Quote:

it makes the same noise as a 2.0 or a 1.8. there's really no difference. i got an email today as well telling me my shipping date slipped until 9/13. DONT LISTEN TO WHAT THEY'RE TELLING YOU. their system has gotta be so screwed up. i'm sure there's some going out the door as you read this.

www.waltzillustration.com

Is it nice and fast though?

• Reply 158 of 335
    it moves faster than montezuma's revenge.
  • Reply 159 of 335
    Quote:

it moves faster than montezuma's revenge.

Expect some G5 quickshit right about now then.

• Reply 160 of 335
    jjjj Posts: 48member
    What is your config and when did you order? I'm sure I'll be waiting on mine w/ the 6800 for a few more weeks