Are the G5 2.5 Liquid Cooled Quieter than DP G5 2Ghz??

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Just curious if anyone know how much quieter, if any, the new G5 90nm Liquid Cooled systems are compared to the G5 DP 2.0 130nm. how many fans?

I haven't seen the decibel level comparison. My G5 DP2.0 is still a bit noisy with the fans (much better than the wind tunnel G4s DP).

Thanks a lot for anyone who knows or has the new systems.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I don't think anybody has one yet. How would they know that?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    leonardleonard Posts: 528member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

I don't think anybody has one yet. How would they know that?

Supposedly people have just started receiving them so you may find out in a week or two if they are quieter.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by eat@me

Just curious if anyone know how much quieter, if any, the new G5 90nm Liquid Cooled systems are compared to the G5 DP 2.0 130nm. how many fans?

I haven't seen the decibel level comparison. My G5 DP2.0 is still a bit noisy with the fans (much better than the wind tunnel G4s DP).

Thanks a lot for anyone who knows or has the new systems.

apple said they used the liquid cooling in order to keep the decibel level the same as the lower towers.

so...id imagine they'd be about the same.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    I hope one doesn't hear "water running" all the time. Some of us get the urge to pee when this happens!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

I hope one doesn't hear "water running" all the time. Some of us get the urge to pee when this happens!

Or sleep.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    gusmangusman Posts: 17member
    Since a good portion of my computer time still involves PC's (main system a Cyberpower AMD Athlon 2200 system) I am still please and amazed at how quiet my G5 dual 2 Ghz system is. I got it last Sept. and think the most noticable noice is probably waking up the hard drive.