Any problems with AluDisplays yet?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
i'm going to place an order for 20" display within next couple of days and i wanted to ask if anyone has first hand experience with the trio, not just seeing one in person but actually using one for some time now. any help will be greatly appreciated and will make me evaluate the models for my powerbook. thank you!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by lemonaded

i'm going to place an order for 20" display within next couple of days and i wanted to ask if anyone has first hand experience with the trio, not just seeing one in person but actually using one for some time now. any help will be greatly appreciated and will make me evaluate the models for my powerbook. thank you!

every now and then i get a stuck pixel, but it has always gone away--nothing unusual.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    ialexialex Posts: 3member
    Order it ASAP ... its going to take around a month from ordering to you getting it!!

3 more weeks for mine!! *sigh*
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I noticed this morning that the Apple Store estimated ship time for the 20" went from 2-4 weeks down to 3-5 days! I'm hoping mine will ship sooner than: "On or before 08/27/2004".
  • Reply 4 of 6
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    No problems with my 20" at all, and I have had it since the day they were released...Definitely the best buy I have made in a while, next to the powerbook.

Good luck!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    mjslamjsla Posts: 2member
    No problem here with my 23". Zero dead/stuck pixels
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Just got my 20 inch. No problems at all!

Walked into local reseller expecting a wait of a few weeks or days at least, but walked out with display in hand and tested it at the store too with no dead pixels!

A week now using the display with no problems, except that watching DVDs appear somewhat pixelated now due to the display having more pixels that DVD, if that's a "problem" at all! Bring on HD-DVD! Yes, I know the 20 inch doesn't display HD at native resolution, but it would still play better than existing DVDs on this screen!