Airport Express with iDVD?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
My wife and I's only DVD player is on my Powerbook. Does the Airport Express have the ability to wirelessly stream a DVD from my Powerbook to my television?

Is there another device that would have this ability if not the Airport Express?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Unfortunately not.

As for a different product, I'm not sure if there's a consumer product out or not. Sorry.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    I know I shouldn't bring it up, but perhaps a cheap DVD player is the best solution? It would certainly be convenient for all your DVD watching.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    jessearljessearl Posts: 103member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ibook911

I know I shouldn't bring it up, but perhaps a cheap DVD player is the best solution? It would certainly be convenient for all your DVD watching.

No, there's no problem with you bringing it up. I thought that would probably be the only option. But I wanted to ask the advice of others to be sure.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ludwigvanludwigvan Posts: 458member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jessearl

No, there's no problem with you bringing it up. I thought that would probably be the only option. But I wanted to ask the advice of others to be sure.

Airport Express can only stream so much information at any one time. With DVDs, the video and the audio would be too much for the little guy; the poor thing in its current incarnation may well keel over dead in the attempt.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by jessearl

My wife and I's only DVD player is on my Powerbook. Does the Airport Express have the ability to wirelessly stream a DVD from my Powerbook to my television?

Is there another device that would have this ability if not the Airport Express?

It's not a wireless solution, but a good one, if you don't want to buy a DVD player. Check it out!

http://www.monstercable.com/computer...r.asp?pin=1732