G5 iMac Video Card

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Where did you get this idea?

Just ask Todd Hollenshead, CEO of iD Software.

" Mac and Linux: Unfortunately I don't have dates for either of these. However, Linux binaries will be

available very soon after the PC game hits store shelves. There are no plans for boxed Linux games.

More remains to be done for the OSX version of DOOM 3 and that will take some time. We won't release

the OSX version until it's just as polished as the PC version. The date for OSX DOOM 3 remains "when it's

done", but I can confirm that it's definitely coming."
  • Reply 62 of 66
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

Originally posted by volcom1206

o and another thing my 2 year old dell is such a piece of crap it takes ten minutes to get onto internet explorer with cable, no joke I timed it. You know when a program stops responding which happens every half hour on my computer you push ctrl+alt+delete and windows task manager pops up well, that stops responding also. So my computer is jacked up. That is why I am buying a G5 iMAC first five seconds it comes out.

I think you need to run Spybot a few times. Christ, I have used Pentium2s that launched that IE crap faster. Sounds like you've got a serious case of spyware/adware/keyloggers mucking up your system.

Gotta love Windows.
  • Reply 63 of 66
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zapchud

Just ask Todd Hollenshead, CEO of iD Software.

" Mac and Linux: Unfortunately I don't have dates for either of these. However, Linux binaries will be

available very soon after the PC game hits store shelves. There are no plans for boxed Linux games.

More remains to be done for the OSX version of DOOM 3 and that will take some time. We won't release

the OSX version until it's just as polished as the PC version. The date for OSX DOOM 3 remains "when it's

done", but I can confirm that it's definitely coming."

I wasn't impling a demo of a finished release. Just an unfinished demo of Doom3

*j*
  • Reply 64 of 66
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    So you think Steve Jobs is going to walk out, and play a Demo game? Hmm... now that's a novel idea.
  • Reply 65 of 66
    Quote:

Originally posted by volcom1206

Apple dosen't make "consumer machines",

eMac? Previously only available through Apple Educational Store, enough demand for them, now they're available to the public.

iMac? Duh, this is -the- consumer PC, look at the original, DV, and now the lampshade models...

iBook? Consumer/Educational Laptop

One could even consider the G4's to be a temporary replacement for the iMac

Edit: Look at the Performa, Quadra and some Centris models, and the LC's, and the lower end PowerMacs. Dont say Apple doesnt make consumer machines because they do, Apple didnt just jump into the Computer market off Graphic designers and artists
  • Reply 66 of 66
    chagichagi Posts: 284member
    My guess would be a GeForce 6600 series video chip, or possibly the ATI X600. The pricepoint is certainly about right for the former, as speculated about courtesy of the Inquirer here: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=17812