10.3.5 in Software Update

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    And the consensus is...good? I just hope it eeks a little more performance out of my crappy graphics. And squishes those annoying Panther bugs, like keyboard command key combos not working once every while. Panther has a lot of little weirdo bugs like that. Has a rougher feeling than Jaguar or even 10.1.
  • Reply 22 of 37
    Has anyone tried 10.3.5 on an iBook 500Mhz (Dual USB)? I remember having read (I think on MacFixIt) that the 10.3.4 update "broke" the internal microphone (your iBook wouldn't recognize your built-in microphone anymore) - that's why my wife's iBook stayed with 10.3.3...
  • Reply 23 of 37
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    the GIF fix for Safari has done shit all.

I turned off Pith Helmet GIF non repeating option and replied to this thread... alas, 5 little animated gifs make my processor (1.33GHz) go to 99%.

WTF
  • Reply 24 of 37
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jan Dvorak

Has anyone tried 10.3.5 on an iBook 500Mhz (Dual USB)? I remember having read (I think on MacFixIt) that the 10.3.4 update "broke" the internal microphone (your iBook wouldn't recognize your built-in microphone anymore) - that's why my wife's iBook stayed with 10.3.3...

Not directly your case, but I just did a full clean install on my old iBook 600MHz (Dual USB, 14inch) and it woks flawlessly. I just went to the Sound control panel and checked Input. Works fine.
  • Reply 25 of 37
    Quote:

Not directly your case, but I just did a full clean install on my old iBook 600MHz (Dual USB, 14inch) and it woks flawlessly. I just went to the Sound control panel and checked Input. Works fine.

Thanks for looking at it - although that "broken microphone" was specifically for the iBook 500 MHz ONLY... Anyone else with such an iBook... willing to try 10.3.5?
  • Reply 26 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by jmt9

Has anyone noticed any speed improvements with this release, specifically Open GL stuff on Powerbook G4s?. I'm interested to see how this update goes as the last OS X update (10.3.4) made my graphics sloooooooow down. I'm hoping this one will speed them back up

I certainly have noticed that Open GL has become much smoother. Certain screensavers that previously chugged, now fly around beautifully! Try RSSSkyrocket. Runs smooth as, now! I use an AlBook 1.25 15".

• Reply 27 of 37
    arty50arty50 Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bborofka

Where did you hear this?

http://wireless.weblogsinc.com/entry/4192201443365288/

Quote:

The v600 does not support IrMC and almost certainly never will, and neither should it. It does support SyncML, as do just about all the other newer phones out there. Apparently Steve Jobs even said that iSync would use SyncML - but it currently doesn't. But the market forces are such that Apple will be forced to go with SyncML - and one would guess are already are working on it. I would bet that the next major release of iSync will work perfectly with a v600. (It had better - guess who has one that is a few hours old?)

I can't remember where I saw it, but SyncML was listed as a feature for Tiger. So my best guess is we won't see it until then. Who knows though, perhaps we'll get an update to iSync before then. I wouldn't hold your breath though.
  • Reply 28 of 37
    Quote:

the GIF fix for Safari has done shit all.

I turned off Pith Helmet GIF non repeating option and replied to this thread... alas, 5 little animated gifs make my processor (1.33GHz) go to 99%.

WTF

That's ridiculous! How hard can it be to fix!
  • Reply 29 of 37
    arty50arty50 Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Arty50

Who knows though, perhaps we'll get an update to iSync before then. I wouldn't hold your breath though.

I just ate my words...

iSync 1.5 is here!

Still no Motorola bluetooth support though (USB cable only).
  • Reply 30 of 37
    spiking about eating my words...

synced no probs, address book works (you can't send sms, but at least you can dial, and it shows incoming phone info, haven't tried send to voicemail function yet)

gprs access, works.

now i'm afraid to turn bt off or touch anything...
  • Reply 31 of 37
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    everyone witth a new cinema display and 10.3.5--start tapping those buttons on the right side of the display nice integration apple.
  • Reply 32 of 37
    ok, just updated to 10.3.5 and "Housten" I have a problem!!

safari has gone crazy, when i open safari a window doesn't appear. and the new window command does nothing. i can go the bookmark menu and click on one and a window will appear but the bookmarks bar is not showing anything and the tabs kill cross is not there.

so i'm writing this in a crippled safari - can i just download safari from somewhere?? what other suggestions do you guys out there have?

help!!!

thanks
  • Reply 33 of 37
    jmt9jmt9 Posts: 5member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Maritzio

ok, just updated to 10.3.5 and "Housten" I have a problem!!

safari has gone crazy, when i open safari a window doesn't appear. and the new window command does nothing. i can go the bookmark menu and click on one and a window will appear but the bookmarks bar is not showing anything and the tabs kill cross is not there.

so i'm writing this in a crippled safari - can i just download safari from somewhere?? what other suggestions do you guys out there have?

help!!!

thanks

Try restarting the system and running a disk permissions repair (using Disk Utility). If that doesn't work, download Safari 1.2 from this page:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/safari.html.
  • Reply 34 of 37
    I have a problem with this update as well. After I have had my computer on a bit, and I move my mouse to the top right of the toolbar, where the Aiport, Battery, and date icons are displayed, the spinning mouse wheel appears and you can not click on any of them. Don't really know what is going on there...anyone else experience this?
  • Reply 35 of 37
    Updated all the new stuff. Haven't seen any changes at all. I think that's prolly good. Didn't squeeze out any more graphics performance, sigh.
  • Reply 36 of 37
    lankslanks Posts: 1member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jan Dvorak

Yes, the 10.3.5 update has fixed the mic that 10.3.4 broke, on my 500mhz iBook
  • Reply 37 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by lanks

Yes, the 10.3.5 update has fixed the mic that 10.3.4 broke, on my 500mhz iBook.

That's good news then! Glad to hear your broken mic (that's why we stayed at 10.3.3) is back to life again.

Jan