Apple ships Motion and Production Suite, adds iTunes tracks

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Motion Ships

As predicted, Apple Computer today announced it has begun shipping Motion, the revolutionary new application that delivers high-performance, real-time motion graphics design. Motion offers the creative freedom and power for artists to deliver stunning, professional quality results, quickly and intuitively, with real-time previews, procedural behavior animation and integration with both Final Cut Pro HD and DVD Studio Pro 3, all at a price of $299.

Apple Introduces Production Suite

The company also introduced Production Suite, a software suite for film and video that delivers real-time production tools in one comprehensive and integrated package. Production Suite combines Final Cut Pro HD, the latest version of Apple's Emmy award-winning editing software; Motion, a revolutionary new application that redefines motion graphics; and DVD Studio Pro 3, the latest version of Apple's professional DVD authoring application. Production Suite provides creative professionals with an integrated round trip production environment where media and project files move seamlessly throughout the creative process. Production Suite is available from Apple for the suggested retail price of $1,299.

iTunes Music Store Catalog Tops One Million Songs

Meanwhile, today Apple also said that the iTunes Music Store now features over one million songs available for download in the US, becoming the first and only online digital music service to offer consumers a million song catalog. The iTunes Music Store features music from all five major record labels and over 600 leading independent labels from around the world. With more than 100 million songs downloaded and more than 70 percent market share of legal downloads for singles and albums, the iTunes Music Store is the world?s number one online music service.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    That Productio Suite includes even more--don't forget all the great apps that Final Cut Pro always comes bundled with:

Soundtrack (GarageBand for video!)

LiveType and LiveFonts

Compressor

Cinema Tools

BIAS Peak Express

As for iTunes... You'd think Apple would make a big deal of that. But the iTunes page still says 700,000 songs.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Apple

You just saved me $400 with that production suite. I'm very pleased. Now I can afford more iTMS tracks. 8)
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Apple

You just saved me $400 with that production suite. I'm very pleased. Now I can afford more iTMS tracks. 8)

If you qualify, pick up the suite from the Apple Education Store and save even more: $499 list price. (I'm assuming it's the same exact set of applications as the non-academic version.)
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by LudwigVan

If you qualify, pick up the suite from the Apple Education Store and save even more: $499 list price. (I'm assuming it's the same exact set of applications as the non-academic version.)

I qualify
  • Reply 5 of 13
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

I qualify

Same here. Or my mom does as a teacher. (I'll qualify when I go to college...but I don't want to wait 4 years!
  • Reply 6 of 13
    jmexxjmexx Posts: 4member
    I bought it, still waiting for the shipment to come through though :-(. Same apps, same everything... Apple just loves us students!
  • Reply 7 of 13
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jmexx

I bought it, still waiting for the shipment to come through though :-(. Same apps, same everything... Apple just loves us students!

i bought just motion so that i would get it faster... i've had it for quite a while now. if you got the production suite, you should have known it would take forever.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    I'm patient myself. I didn't plan on buying FCP until next spring. Now I get to look forward to a Production Suite that will likely have

Final Cut Pro 5

DVD Studio Pro 4

Motion 2

all in the box. Grab Logic 7 and I will be in multimedia heaven for less than a grand. Man I can't believe how much cheaper(not counting edu discounts) it is to create good multimedia nowadays. Computing should cause an explosion of creativity in the next decade due to powerful computers and low cost software.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    jmexxjmexx Posts: 4member
    Quote:

i bought just motion so that i would get it faster... i've had it for quite a while now. if you got the production suite, you should have known it would take forever.

Well, it has shipped saturday! Ha, the problem isn't Apple sending them out, it's the product coming to Canada! Motion and Production Suite began to ship the exact same date, if that's what you were talking about.

Quote:

I'm patient myself. I didn't plan on buying FCP until next spring. Now I get to look forward to a Production Suite that will likely have

Final Cut Pro 5

DVD Studio Pro 4

Motion 2

all in the box. Grab Logic 7 and I will be in multimedia heaven for less than a grand. Man I can't believe how much cheaper(not counting edu discounts) it is to create good multimedia nowadays. Computing should cause an explosion of creativity in the next decade due to powerful computers and low cost software.

Well, I personally can't afford the luxury to wait, projects are a calling! I plan on taking advantage of this student discount, as it lasts. I know what you mean, editing systems are very well priced in this time of age! Especially for students, being able to build a mini-studio to get themselves started

Take care guys,

It's always good to see fellow editors

Jon
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Hi, I'm very interested in buying the G5 2.5 with 2 gigs of ram, the nvidia graphics card and 250 gigs of HD. What i'm concerned about is the difference in the Academic version and the Retail version of Apple's Productions Suite... Is there any difference?? All i know is that there is over a 1000.00 $ CDN difference in the price.

-BTW, this i'm buting the computer from the educational site

-FYI, I've been doing video editing for the last year and a half with an intel based copmuter. It's a very high end computer although i still experience such problems with it. I think it's windows but i'm not 100% sure, this is why i'm so interested in a mac. I also know that apple offers one of the best video editing softwares in the world today.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by sivp

Hi, I'm very interested in buying the G5 2.5 with 2 gigs of ram, the nvidia graphics card and 250 gigs of HD. What i'm concerned about is the difference in the Academic version and the Retail version of Apple's Productions Suite... Is there any difference?? All i know is that there is over a 1000.00 $ CDN difference in the price.

-BTW, this i'm buting the computer from the educational site

-FYI, I've been doing video editing for the last year and a half with an intel based copmuter. It's a very high end computer although i still experience such problems with it. I think it's windows but i'm not 100% sure, this is why i'm so interested in a mac. I also know that apple offers one of the best video editing softwares in the world today.

no, no difference in the apps.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    It says "Academic" on the box and when you start up your app, but no actual differences. I say go for it! It's the best thing I've ever done.

Jon
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by jmexx

It says "Academic" on the box and when you start up your app, but no actual differences. I say go for it! It's the best thing I've ever done.

Jon

Thanks for the reply's, although is the Academic version ok for commercial usage? Cause i'm mainly interested in the apps because i'll be doing a lot of projects with a company that produces biogaphies etc..

I was sure that i read a post somewhere that you cant use the acadmic version for commercial video, although it is the same exact software.