Mac OS X Java Update

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I just checked my Software Update to install iSync 1.5 and noticed a new Java Update as well. The Java update installed, restarted the computer, and greeted me with a wonderful kernel panic. A permissions repair and file system check did nothing. I have a PowerBook G4 1.33 GHz (12") with 768 MB RAM that survived the 10.3.5 update without problems. I haven't changed anything since the Mac OS update earlier today, so I'm pretty sure the Java update broke my system. I'm doing an "Archive and Install" as we speak. Just thought I'd spread the word: wait on this update.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    cowerdcowerd Posts: 579member
    plural of anecdote != data
  • Reply 2 of 6
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
    Kickaha and Amorph couldn't moderate themselves out of a paper bag. Abdicate responsibility and succumb to idiocy. Two years of letting a member make personal attacks against others, then stepping aside when someone won't put up with it. Not only that but go ahead and shut down my posting priviledges but not the one making the attacks. Not even the common decency to abide by their warning (afer three days of absorbing personal attacks with no mods in sight), just shut my posting down and then say it might happen later if a certian line is crossed. Bullshit flag is flying, I won't abide by lying and coddling of liars who go off-site, create accounts differing in a single letter from my handle with the express purpose to decieve and then claim here that I did it. Everyone be warned, kim kap sol is a lying, deceitful poster.

Now I guess they should have banned me rather than just shut off posting priviledges, because kickaha and Amorph definitely aren't going to like being called to task when they thought they had it all ignored *cough* *cough* I mean under control. Just a couple o' tools.

Don't worry, as soon as my work resetting my posts is done I'll disappear forever.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    bigbluebigblue Posts: 341member
    All is well on my PB 1.25 with 10.3.5, connection to my bank is flawless either (and a bit speedier too).
  • Reply 4 of 6
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    I'm seeing improved load times and performance with NOAA's weather radar loops. Those are really the only Java applets I run. I'm pleased as punch with this Java update.

Escher
  • Reply 5 of 6
    i updated a bunch of stuff this morning....java..osx update, isync.....ive gone to a couple of site with java....noticed safari crashed each time...is this a java problem?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:

Originally posted by blacky

i updated a bunch of stuff this morning....java..osx update, isync.....ive gone to a couple of site with java....noticed safari crashed each time...is this a java problem?

I seem fine. Which sites are giving you problems. I have the update installed on a 700MHz iBook and a 1.33GHz 12" PowerBook.