iSync Update Now Available

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
iSync 1.5 available on Update Panel. Together with the update on Panther could this flurry of activity be in anticipation of the iMac G5?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    bborofkabborofka Posts: 230member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

iSync 1.5 available on Update Panel. Together with the update on Panther could this flurry of activity be in anticipation of the iMac G5?

My V400 finally can sync now!!! This is so great!

I think Apple's merely playing catch-up... There were some issues they needed to address in 10.3.4 and had to update device compatibility with iSync, which they haven't done in a long time.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Great! But when will we get OTA (over-the-air) sync? Harald?

Escher
  • Reply 3 of 8
    bborofkabborofka Posts: 230member
    Another thing that I think would be cool for phone syncing... ability to sync the Nickname field (if supplied) as opposed to the First and Last name fields. I'd like to store my father in my Address Book with his First and Last name entered, but also "Dad" entered in his Nickname. Now if only I could get the Dad field to show up on my phone instead of his First and Last name... without having to create another Address Book entry.

What's the Nickname field used for anyways?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by bborofka

My V400 finally can sync now!!! This is so great!

I think Apple's merely playing catch-up... There were some issues they needed to address in 10.3.4 and had to update device compatibility with iSync, which they haven't done in a long time.

How do you sync your V400 (I have one too) USB cable? or the bluetooth adaptor? if USB cable sweet!!!
  • Reply 5 of 8
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    syncing via USB cable is not sweet!

syncing via Bluetooth would be sweet!!

Would be interesting to know why it isn't possible to get the Motorola phones synced via Bluetooth.

This is one big disadvantage of the Motorola phones.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by bka77

syncing via USB cable is not sweet!

syncing via Bluetooth would be sweet!!

Would be interesting to know why it isn't possible to get the Motorola phones synced via Bluetooth.

This is one big disadvantage of the Motorola phones.

I don't quite get that one either. My v600 should sync vi BT: I bought it (instead of the v400) because of BT, and having to resort to a USB cable kinda sucks. Still, it's better than no syncing at all, but still...
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Write

How do you sync your V400 (I have one too) USB cable? or the bluetooth adaptor? if USB cable sweet!!!

I have synchronized via USB cable and it works fine. I didn't know you could have a bluetooth adapter for the V400. Will iSync work with that?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    arty50arty50 Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bka77

Yes, especially since OnSync can do it.