Exclusive liquid-cooled Power Mac G5 development details

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Yevgeny

Oh, and for a good example of outsourcing labor to foreign countries, take a look at Mr. Kerry's wife How much of Heinz's jobs has she moved overseas? (not that I disagree with her decision, I just think it is a bit odd to see Democrats complaining about outsourcing when their candidate is married to the head of a multinational company who outsources jobs; oh well, it is a strange world we live in). [/B]

She doesn't run the company, and she isn't head of the company. In fact, she has nothing to do with the operation of the company at all.

I hate it when stupid people say stupid things. If you want to make a point, back it up with facts and not with partisan lies and drivel.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    All this talk about asian manufacturing makes me wonder if piracy and counterfeiting is a problem for Apple in China. I wonder if there are factories in China churning out Mac clones of some sort. I had thought that Apple's products are too difficult to copy well enough to sell, but what's to stop someone from taking Apple's plastic molds and creating PCs in the same shape? That would be scary but also interesting.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
  • Reply 23 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by waffffffle

All this talk about asian manufacturing makes me wonder if piracy and counterfeiting is a problem for Apple in China. I wonder if there are factories in China churning out Mac clones of some sort. I had thought that Apple's products are too difficult to copy well enough to sell, but what's to stop someone from taking Apple's plastic molds and creating PCs in the same shape? That would be scary but also interesting.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

There are things like legal contracts, NDAs etc. that prevent loss of intellectual property in other countries as well. Google is your friend for verifying paranoia.