How do you show iTunes artwork?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Not just for one song, but every song that iTunes is playing. If I open the playlist I want and start it playing, I can click on "Show current song" and it will display that songs artwork in the artwork window. But when that song finishes and the next song starts, the previous artwork is still displayed in the artwork window. Is there any way to have the artwork follow the track that is playing automatically? Am I missing something easy??

And since I'm on the iTunes mission here, I have a question about "Convert selection to Apple Lossless." If I take an AAC/MP3/WAV/etc. encoded song at say 128k and do the Lossless conversion, is the end product as good as an original LossLess rip? If not, what would be an example of wanting to use the conversion to Apple Lossless?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    To see the artwork for the current song, you need to have the album artwork showing. To do this click the button on the right from the four at the very bottom left of the window. Then Click on "selected song" just above the artwork. It should change to "now playing". Hope this works.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I have already been doing that. I can see the artwork for the song playing, but when it starts playing the next track(s), the artwork stays on the first song until you click on show current song again. Then the artwork will stay on that song even after the next track starts playing until you repeat the show current song process, and so on...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    click above the album artwork where it says "selected song" and it will change to "now playing"
  • Reply 4 of 6
    About Apple Lossless, if you convert to apple lossless from aac, or mp3, etc... Than it won't be better, might actually be worse. The purpose of Apple Lossless is to be able to import songs from a cd and keep that same quality while cutting the file size in half.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by pesi

click above the album artwork where it says "selected song" and it will change to "now playing"

Thanks man!! That was it!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by opuscroakus

If I take an AAC/MP3/WAV/etc. encoded song at say 128k and do the Lossless conversion, is the end product as good as an original LossLess rip? If not, what would be an example of wanting to use the conversion to Apple Lossless?

Converting an mp3 or AAC file to Lossless will neither make it sound worse, nor better. But it will make it take up about 5 - 10 times the disk space

Converting a WAV or AIFF file will neither make it sound worse, nor better. But it will make it take up about half the disk space. This is the key use of that option.

However, the real key to the puzzle you are missing is that if you change your import settings to something other that Lossless, then that menu option will change too.

So you may want to encode your lossless files or AAC to mp3 if that's what your car CD player or non-iPod portable uses, or rip your lossless files to low bitrate AAC for your iPod.