Apple Anniversary Products - just you wait!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Now before I start, I don't want to fuel any speculation regarding "what may come.." etc., but having spoken to a rep for E****c yesterday, it appears that our friends at Apple ARE planning big things from September onwards at an incredible rate of release - try one "brand new product" every 2 weeks! (allowing for Apple's infamous manufacturing deficiencies let's call it every 5, but anyhow..)

Now I don't have details as to whether these will be HW or SW but he was VERY excited at what he knew - now.. I just need a table lamp, a chair, rope and some pliers (snips).. ;-)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    In all fairness "Apple's manufacturing deficencies" are actually their vendor's manufacturing deficencies. Apple doesn't make any of their products anymore. However, a new product every 2 weeks until the end of the year? Timing would seem to be off. I think there's lots of software in that equation as opposed to hardware. But we'll see..... and probably find out it is untrue.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    chris vchris v Posts: 460member
    Didn't we have another thread promising exactly this back in April or May? They'll release stuff when they can, and they'll ship it when it's manufactured.

CV
  • Reply 3 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by chris v

Didn't we have another thread promising exactly this back in April or May? They'll release stuff when they can, and they'll ship it when it's manufactured.

CV

Yes. Some newbie (no offence intended) posts about speaking to someone about some new product. The most interesting aspect of this is that the person is in the UK. Even Apple employees in Cupertino don't always know what is forthcoming unless they worked on the product so UK source is highly doubtful.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    I think that the next apple release will be:

the iPANCREAS

Better then the one you were born with! Multi-user enabled and 100% cancer free!

Back on topic:

August is the birthday month for the Mac. But given apple's horrid distribution delays perhaps new releases will be announced even if they are not shipped.

Also, huge backorders look good to wall street. Stock price goes up.

Even given the poor distribution the stock price is stable as of today. Stock hasn't slid much more than 3pts even giving Steves ill health.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    auroraaurora Posts: 1,142member
    how do you sell out of a empty store? this is apples problem and then when they do get production up its allready old in technology terms. hardware division needs help and lots of it. where are the 2.5s? where are imacs? even emacs are sparse. so what we have is a dual 2.0 from last year plus a missing imac or a emac. not much of a choice when walking into a Apple store is it. company is overrated because of pods,its computer line is still a mess. i just may cancel my 2.5 and wait to see what the new stuff looks like this aug 31st.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    In before lock
  • Reply 7 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Yes. Some newbie (no offence intended) posts about speaking to someone about some new product. The most interesting aspect of this is that the person is in the UK. Even Apple employees in Cupertino don't always know what is forthcoming unless they worked on the product so UK source is highly doubtful.

A newbie I may be, but I am just as skectical of rumours as the rest of you.. this gentleman in question is a senoir employee of a certain Music App company now owned by Apple, and he really did seem to have genuine knowledge. No product names or descriptions (Apple confidentiality) but schedules a plenty. By the way, what has the fact that I'm UK based to do with anything? Will not the French technically be the first to "see" the G5 iMac? I respect the fact that YOU doubt my "source", but as they say "we'll see." :-)
  • Reply 8 of 18
    Are you by any chance familiar with a Mr. G. Numan - also a renowned Mac user
  • Reply 9 of 18
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    I'm actually not surprised that Apple's gunning for this. Besides the fact that they've consistently said they were trying to make sure they had the best lineup they could at any given time, and besides the fact that this is an anniversary year for the Mac, there's the evidence of all the delays: If they were sticking to safe, simple, gradual updates they probably wouldn't be running into so many snafus. They took a gamble on projects with a higher risk of failure but a bigger payoff, and things didn't turn out optimally.

With all the good press they're getting, and with significant upticks in share in key markets, and with the iPod running away with the field, they'd be crazy not to try and pick the pace up just a bit.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    People have been saying "This is an anniversary year for the Mac" every year for the past 5 years. It stands to reason that every year is an anniversary year, So If you keep posting this every year (and somebody always does) If eventually Apple comes out with another anniversary product you'll get it right eventually. This seems like Classic MOSR Bolshevik.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    Quote:

and with the iPod running away with the field

The mini is running so fast a lot of people haven't been able to catch one!

Oh yes, I have a friend of a friend who works for a garbage disposal company and empties out the dumpsters at Apple headquarters in Cupertino. He says that he's seen photographs of new products including the iMac but the photo on the latter had been put through a shredder and it will take him about 2 weeks or so to put it back together. He said it definately has a flat screen of some type and a keyboard and mouse. Can't wait.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

The mini is running so fast a lot of people haven't been able to catch one!

Oh yes, I have a friend of a friend who works for a garbage disposal company and empties out the dumpsters at Apple headquarters in Cupertino. He says that he's seen photographs of new products including the iMac but the photo on the latter had been put through a shredder and it will take him about 2 weeks or so to put it back together. He said it definately has a flat screen of some type and a keyboard and mouse. Can't wait.

• Reply 13 of 18
    Could be true, look at these deals. Unbelievable!

They are cleaning out the shelves. Free shipping on everything.

_thedustin
  • Reply 14 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by thedustin

Could be true, look at these deals. Unbelievable!

They are cleaning out the shelves. Free shipping on everything.

_thedustin

holy crap batman! WTF is this?
  • Reply 15 of 18
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

holy crap batman! WTF is this?

it'd old stock and refurbished units. what do you expect them to do? hold on to it for shits and giggles or sell it at current prices?
  • Reply 16 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

it'd old stock and refurbished units. what do you expect them to do? hold on to it for shits and giggles or sell it at current prices?

It seems like a lot of shits and giggles. I've seen this a few weeks before updates a few times.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

It seems like a lot of shits and giggles. I've seen this a few weeks before updates a few times.

we'll see, but these have no relation at all to what they are CURRENTLY selling. these are not current machines for discount. they are old machines. the only current machines available are refurbished units and apple has always sold those
  • Reply 18 of 18
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Seen the rumored prices for the new iMac?

Apple's going to have a 20th anniversary line-up for you. It's going to feature the even more absurd pre-Jobs era prices on machines that ship with Classic only boot ROMs, and a $10,000 USD upgrade package that lets you run OSX preview only -- so you can experience the evolution of Mac. Yay!