Wanting to buy PB

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I've been a Windows user for all of my life, and I've decided that I've wasted to many countless hours on windows problems. I've decided to switch.

I've had my eye on a PB, and am going to the apple store tomorrow to make my final decision. I have a question though taht will ultimately decide whether I take one home tomorrow or wait a little. There have been some rumours about a new PB being released at Apple Expo. Is there any real evidence to support this? I'm really excited about getting a new machine, but am willing to wait if the odds are high that they will release a new model.

Also, what has happened in the past when they released a new model? Do they stay the same price? I've heard rumours saying that the G5 is a long way from coming into the PB. What could they possibly be adding?

Thanks in advance. I must say, I'm really excited about getting one!

-Steve

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    That's a tough one, You could wait alittle longer and see if and powerbook updates will happen when the new iMac is released. Otherwise, if you really don't want to wait, go ahead and get one. You will be amazed ether way
  • Reply 2 of 5
    bytemebyteme Posts: 45member
    QUICK ?: When's the Apple Expo?

BTW...I recently purchased a Apple 1.33 GHZ PB Superdrive to test the Apple's water. Apple defiantly holds water and I love my PB, but i am considering selling my new PB for a PM because I am far less mobile than I thought I'd be, so do you think it would be wise to sell my little PB for a PM or wait for a iMac revision?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by sbader

I've had my eye on a PB, and am going to the apple store tomorrow to make my final decision. I have a question though taht will ultimately decide whether I take one home tomorrow or wait a little. There have been some rumours about a new PB being released at Apple Expo. Is there any real evidence to support this? I'm really excited about getting a new machine, but am willing to wait if the odds are high that they will release a new model.

Also, what has happened in the past when they released a new model? Do they stay the same price? I've heard rumours saying that the G5 is a long way from coming into the PB. What could they possibly be adding?

News and rumors circulating the web about a possible PowerBook G5 usually mention that because of heat and low battery performance issues it's unlikely that a G5 PB is announced this year. Go for it, get a new PB now, dump your PC and be a happy switcher like I am! My 15" 1.5GHz PB is a dream come true and the performance should be good enough also in the future. Sure, faster PBs are introduced eventually, but unlike in Wintel world, Macs work longer and it's not necessary to upgrade every year.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

QUICK ?: When's the Apple Expo?

August 31st. It's the Apple Paris Expo.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by O4BlackWRX

August 31st. It's the Apple Paris Expo.

haha - i've been living in Berlin, Germany for a while now and i'm flying back home to seattle out of Paris on Sept 1st... so i decided to show up in Paris a bit early and go to the Apple Expo while i'm there.

I'll let ya'll know what i think of the new machines if they intro them on the 31st (since the Expo goes until Sept. 4th.)