What the ****?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I bought an iPod over a week ago, and finally the ETA was Aug 16th, Today, by 12PM. Its now 4:11 PM and no ipod, I mean wtf? Its taken this long, and now it doesn't even come today, whats the deal apple / fed ex?

I love apple, but this first purchase from apples online store has been nothing but delays and dissapointments.

I have heard it takes 4-6 days at most, its been 8. (And its STILL not here)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Well, what's the tracking info say?

You did check that first, right?
  • Reply 2 of 17
    Yep, It was last updated on fed ex's site on the 14th, and thats it, they don't even have a report for today....yet.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    Well, if it said it was in your town, you should be able to call the depot.

If it was still elsewhere, you probably are looking at another day.

Bottom line: crap happens with shipping.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    Ok, I went directly to fedex's site and didn't use the link to track it from apples site, and I get something different...(thx again apple )

Tracking number

68777-------

Ship date

Aug 13, 2004

Service type

IP Direct Distribution

Weight

1.0 kgs.

Status

Int'l shipment release

What does that mean? It also says its still in some other state.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    Did it ship from outside the US originally? Might have gotten caught up in customs. Happens a lot.

Chill, man. Shipping is not an exact science. Look at it this way - at least it's not going through Florida right now.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    ya thats BS, I just called tech Support, and got some hottie sounding chick, so all was forgotten, BUT it still sucks and its stuck in customs.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    Yeah, my laptop did the customs fandango for a few days. Your iPod came in on a pallet with a bunch of other stuff that's in a shipping container with a bunch of *other* stuff. Any one item of which may be holding up the whole thing. Sucks, but it's basically roulette. Hang in there, it'll be winging its way to you as soon as the feds are done pulling the heroin out of the container.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    lol yeah, she said if there no more holdups I should recieve it tomorrow.

Sucks though because I have to work all day tomorrow, doing basically nothing, so this would have made it THAT much better.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    Nice, its in transit again, I should have it tomorrow by noon, even though I wont get it untill I get off work, which means I need to pick it up at 5.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    BTW, Nice descriptive thread title \
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Wooh, I got it today, Such a sleek little bugger. I love it!
  • Reply 12 of 17
    ^ No offence but get a life.....3000 posts?
  • Reply 13 of 17
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NavyUSA

^ No offence but get a life.....3000 posts?

You post more frequently than tonton and I do. Check the stats.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    ^ That might be true, but now that I have my iPod, and I have got to know the community here, I think Ill never post here again, Have fun in your little worlds, bye bye.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Sad little man.