Post All your iMac 3 Mockups here

Comments

• Reply 261 of 484
    lucidalucida Posts: 104member
    Quote:

Yeah, the iMac FP was unique for this feature alone, screen adjustability. IMHO, it has the best ergonomics ever in a computer. Too bad this keeps cost high.

I'm sat in front of the 15" model now, setting it up for a colleague, and EVERYBODY that walks past thinks it's amazing. Especially windoze users.

I really wish that Apple would just re-vamp the design, and make it cheaper, like they have with the iPod.

If a square base unit would make it cheaper, let's have it!
  • Reply 262 of 484
    dwsdws Posts: 108member
    The design at MacKompass is one of the most elegant creations I've ever seen. It would be very difficult for me to not buy this beauty.

It also solves a couple technical issues that the other designs don't address. The CD/DVD drive is horizontal; which would have to be cheaper for Apple. It also gives enough room for the power supply, heat sink and multiple fans.

A couple minor quibbles... It would have to have feet; to allow for a bottom grill (airflow). It would probably also have a couple ports on the front (I wouldn't care, but I bet the iMac3 will have them).

One major issue... No adjustability. I doubt that Apple would go this route after the incredible design of the last iMac. The design wouldn't look so great with a book wedged under the back end to tilt the screen!
  • Reply 263 of 484
    auroraaurora Posts: 1,142member
    Quote:

Originally posted by John

Was this posted yet?

Sigh...

This is what apple needs a mini tower for the masses but i dont think its going to happen. They just cant seem to get over the all in one nonsense that guarentees a lesser of a machine and smaller sales for apple. I would buy this machine. oh well its nice to dream.
  • Reply 264 of 484
    I heard something about the new iMac3 being cubical in design not that long ago. I think an aluminum iMac with a cubical design and colors such as on the mini iPod would sell well.
  • Reply 265 of 484
    lucidalucida Posts: 104member
    This from Mackompass:

is nice, but what about screen adjustment?

For me, AIO design made sense when we had the CRT.

But with a LCD there's no reason for it and you should let each component "be true to itself"

Who said that???

• Reply 266 of 484
    The current iMac is "true to itself."
  • Reply 267 of 484
    Bouncing post.

• Reply 268 of 484
    Quote:

Originally posted by lucida

This from Mackompass:

is nice, but what about screen adjustment?

For me, AIO design made sense when we had the CRT.

But with a LCD there's no reason for it and you should let each component "be true to itself"

Who said that???

Wow

That's awesome!
  • Reply 269 of 484
    Quote:

Originally posted by psgamer0921

Wow

That's awesome!

If anything, I would say that this would be the next design for the eMac. This is a perfect design for it.

MM
  • Reply 270 of 484
    here is a quick sketch based on what i know and the current apple design

cant get picture to display here ... so here is a link
  • Reply 272 of 484
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    I would rather cut of my left testicle than buy that monstrosity
  • Reply 273 of 484
    Quote:

Originally posted by NittanyLionTosh

http://homepage.mac.com/elmacintismo/PhotoAlbum1.html

ack.... looks like something a hobo would set up at a flea market.
  • Reply 274 of 484
    updated a tad

hopefully your nuts will stick aound this time

newest imac update

let me know what you guys think
  • Reply 275 of 484
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacMorsel

If anything, I would say that this would be the next design for the eMac. This is a perfect design for it.

MM

I think it's better looking than anything we have seen from Apple. It looks a lot better than the iLamp. Dont get me wrong the iLamp was OK, but I posted in the other Apple forum (which is always a carbon copy clone of the threads here) that -> that design would bring the iMac back to glory in a heartbeat.
  • Reply 276 of 484
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

I think it's better looking than anything we have seen from Apple. It looks a lot better than the iLamp. Dont get me wrong the iLamp was OK, but I posted in the other Apple forum (which is always a carbon copy clone of the threads here) that -> that design would bring the iMac back to glory in a heartbeat.

I agree that it is, perhaps, the better looking computer we have seen. But it suffers seriously in the ergonomics sector. How do you adjust it? Do you buy an adjustable desk ?
  • Reply 277 of 484
    spcmsspcms Posts: 407member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

I agree that it is, perhaps, the better looking computer we have seen. But it suffers seriously in the ergonomics sector. How do you adjust it? Do you buy an adjustable desk ?

was the original iMac adjustable?
  • Reply 278 of 484
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SpcMs

Same problem there too \ . But once you taste real ergonomics, like in the iMac FP, it is difficult to go back again.
  • Reply 279 of 484
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

Same problem there too \ . But once you taste real ergonomics, like in the iMac FP, it is difficult to go back again.

What do you need to adjust? It's a screen. I have PowerMac there is no adjustment. It's right in front of you. Tell me, how often do you adjust your TV?
  • Reply 280 of 484
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SpcMs

Only slightly unless you got the aftermarket stand for it. The iMac had only the small foot adjustment otherwise.