Tech Writer Apologizes To SJ On His "mini" Prediction Of Failure

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Alex Salkever of Business Week online has written a very nice and funny column. There's one bit of actual info in the article. Hitachi is only shipping 200,000 mini drives a quarter. Even if all are going to Apple, there are still constraints on availability (obviously). The article ishere.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Alex Salkever of Business Week online has written a very nice and funny column. There's one bit of actual info in the article. Hitachi is only shipping 200,000 mini drives a quarter. Even if all are going to Apple, there are still constraints on availability (obviously). The article ishere.

Wow...and apparently there was a G3 Cube. No wonder the G3 Cube flopped...I and a lot of people had no idea it existed.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I remember when the iPod Mini was released at MacWorld SF 2004. Everybody thought it was going to flop because of its $250 price tag -- the media, websites, and even people on mac forums such as this one.

Funny how the iPod Mini became such a huge success. I think even Apple was surprised.

Mike