Matias Tactile Pro Keyboard Review

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I was so happy with my Matias Tactile Pro keyboard that I wrote up a little review:

http://derek.trideja.com/review/tactilepro/

Has anyone else here thought about buying one of these? What sort of keyboards does everyone like/strongly dislike here?

Cheers,

Derek

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    matveimatvei Posts: 193member
    Great review, thanks.

I'd buy one if he were to offer a "French Canadian" version, with accents and all...

Is he going to get a new circuit design to solve the shadow key problems? Maybe in the Tactilepro II ?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    acheronacheron Posts: 3member
    Thanks for the thanks. I thought it was a bit shady to just post a link, but copying the whole freakin' four pages was sure to upset someone.

I wrote Matias to let them know about the review and they say they're working on French and German versions. I'm assuming that French and French Canadian keyboards are slightly different...?

Derek
  • Reply 3 of 5
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    My old MS Natural Elite is okay. Powerbook's keyboard is a bit worse, but still okay. I don't like the "generic" Keytronics that you see everywhere, but they're usable for a while.

The most vile and evil keyboard in the world is the Sun you see in a photo on Matias' page. I'd prefer just sticking my fingers in a blender, so if you happen to know about Sun-compatible blenders, drop me a line and I'll forward the info to the sysadmins at my school.

I'd like a keyboard that is an "ergo" model (divided), very flat, and has *no* keypad in the space that should be occupied by the mouse. Fullsize "inverted T" arrow keys, pgup and pgdn. Control keys in their proper places (both of them).

I have considered buying a Comfort Ergoflex. Apart from the strange placing of the number 6, it seems almost what I want.

Then I'd like to be able to do some key mapping (chords, etc) but that is a software issue.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    acheronacheron Posts: 3member
    Matvei: Matias says that if the English keyboard sells well via their east coast/Quebec distributors (Doumoulin is one of them), they might consider doing a French-Canadian version of the unit.

In the meantime, it looks like you'll have to write them ([email protected]) and voice your opinion, or buy an English keyboard to encourage them.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    matveimatvei Posts: 193member
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I had forgotten to check it at the time and say thanks for the info.