The "My Favorite Neuropath" topic...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
So we have Scott Peterson and Mark Hacking caught in their respective murder plots and a web of lies that preceded it. Both are described as charming, and perceptually incapable of such grisly actions had you known them personally. It seems like Peterson is the more "accomplished" neuropath in eluding emminent guilt, imo.

My question in all of this, is where do you think OJ fits on this continuum? Would he fall into the "neuropath" category? I don't much remember much talk of this aspect, but that was a long time ago. Are there interesting comparisons and contrasts between OJ of the 90's to Peterson and Hacking of the 00's? I was just curious.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    She killed her kids, or something? It's a fair point if you wish to pursue it.

I picked these three because they had to do with the person's female partner. Most of all, I was wondering if OJ falls under the "neuropath" profile or not.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    What's a neuropath? Someone with a brain disorder?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

What's a neuropath? Someone with a brain disorder?

Aren't you a psychologist?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardeeharhar

Aren't you a psychologist?

Yeah, and it kind of makes you wonder about the term "neuropath" when a psychologist has never heard of it. Neuro refers to brain and path refers to disease, so "brain disease" is the only thing I can think of. But that doesn't seem to fit in with what he's talking about here.

I think he might mean "psychopath" or "sociopath." Or maybe it's just some term that's popularly used that I've never heard before.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Definition from here.

neuropath

n. person believing that majority of diseases have nervous origin; sufferer from nervous disease. neuropathic, a. neuropathology, n. pathology of nervous system. neuropathy, n. morbid condition of nerve.

---

Maybe they do have some disease of the nervous system that compels them to murder their wives, or maybe they're just crazy killers.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    I think you could be right. I had the wrong term stuck in my head (no pun intended). Sociopath is most certainly what I should have used. This has happened to me before- can never access the term "sociopath" because "neuropath" seems to always be front and center. Don't know why.