PDA's

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
whats a good pda that works well with a mac?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    regreg Posts: 832member
    http://www.apple.com/isync/devices.html

I have given up on PDA's and use my phone for that now.

reg
  • Reply 2 of 8
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    I absolutely adore my Palm Treo 600.

It's my first PDA. Now that it's part and parcel with my phone I believe that I've become accustomed to having a PDA now. If I had purchased one when they were fashionable I probably would've only used it for a couple months before it eventually collected dust.

I must admit it's a big part of my life. I can get email and communicate with my clients while I'm on site or at my day job. iSync works flawlessly with it.

Big thumbs up.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    I'll have to log another vote for the Treo. I just got it a couple of months ago and I don't know how I lived without it. I have had a couple of Palm handhelds before, but never found either nearly as useful as this one. I find my handheld to be endlessly more useful having always-on data service than a normla off-line handheld. Plus, device consolidation is great. It's much nicer only having to have one device rather than a separate PDA and phone.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    the treo does sound good, but i live in mexico, and i dont think my phone service supports it. apparently, it only supports the nokia/sony type of PDAphones. i gotta check to make sure.

would the sony clie work on a mac? it says it uses palm os 5something, but on apple.com, it says isync is compatible with palm os 4.whatever. and i have seen in a couple of pages that its not compatible, ive seen that it IS compatible, and im not sure wich to believe. plus, im not gonna dish out 200dls on a whim just to see if it works...

the treo aside, wich is another good one?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    cyloncylon Posts: 126member
    I use a Sony Clie NX-60. I had to buy a program called Missing Sync from Markspace I think is the company. Works just fine with the Mac now.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    what other pda/phones work? sonyericcsson? nokia?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    My T3 works well. I like the bluetooth sync.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    I have the Sony UX50 and love it. I work for Nokia so I am constantly switching phones. It is nice to be able to keep everything in one place. Once Apple and Nokia cme together on matching Bluetooth sync I will probably just stick with a phone for everything.