Making ringtones for my cellphone

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I hate my default cell phone ringtones. They suck! I have some .mp3 files that I have edited down to a 3 seconds for my Sony Ericson T610 cellphone (T-Mobile).

What app will let me convert the .mp3 sound bites into the proper .mid (MIDI) file format so my phone will recogonize them as valid ring tones?

I have BlueTooth, and I am able to to conect and manipulate the ringtones from my Mac etc. I just need to figure out how to turn .mp3's into .mid's!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:

Originally posted by dstranathan

I hate my default cell phone ringtones. They suck! I have some .mp3 files that I have edited down to a 3 seconds for my Sony Ericson T610 cellphone (T-Mobile).

What app will let me convert the .mp3 sound bites into the proper .mid (MIDI) file format so my phone will recogonize them as valid ring tones?

I have BlueTooth, and I am able to to conect and manipulate the ringtones from my Mac etc. I just need to figure out how to turn .mp3's into .mid's!

MIDI files consist of notes and different predefined instruments, therefore you can't convert an mp3 file to a MIDI file. But there's a ton of MIDI files available on the net, just try a seach on Google and you'll be surprised to find even the latest hits online (it's a competely different thing whether you care about them or not!).