Post All your iMac 3 Mockups here

Comments

• Reply 421 of 484
    lucidalucida Posts: 104member
    I've got a grand saved up and I CAN"T WAIT MUCH LONGER!!!

• Reply 422 of 484
    I sold my 17" iMac in March for £1000 and I was like

because I "knew" there'd be a new iMac out soon!

Then it didn't appear and I was like

months later and I'm like

then HURRAH! confirmation that the new iMac is a G5!

but w h y d o e s i t t a k e s o l o n g . . .

• Reply 423 of 484
    Quote:

Originally posted by lucida

More Doodles...

Neat. And I know exactly who it would be marketed for:

• Reply 424 of 484
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member

The good news, Apple is going radical with the iMac and taking an organic approach. The bad news, the "hockey puck" is returning!
  • Reply 425 of 484
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

The good news, Apple is going radical with the iMac and taking an organic approach. The bad news, the "hockey puck" is returning!

I wonder what kind of port that mouse plugs into ... ?
  • Reply 426 of 484
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Already been done, just not by apple.

http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/ern005pc/

http://sae.cside.com/sae/kat/pc/ern005/ekana.htm

• Reply 427 of 484
    Quote:

Originally posted by YYZ

I still can't believe Apple would take such a quantum leap backwards in terms of screen manuverability. Going from the G4 imac with its floating screen to a next generation imac that you adjust by dragging back and forth across your desk...?

I think the screen won't be that close to the guts of the machine. It will have to be adjustable in some way. It can't be "just drag back and forth" Something along these lines, just in Apple style. It will be pretty small. The Vaio W has a 17.5 screen and takes very little space.

• Reply 428 of 484
    Christ that's FUGLY!

Imagine that when it's wired up!!!

Apples backs are better than the front of most PC's.
  • Reply 429 of 484
    Open question to PC manufacturers in general:

Do you actually employ designers, or just accountants?

(see below)

• Reply 430 of 484
    Sony is still full of baloney. They don't have accountants designing their computers... just art school drop outs. When TS unveiled the "specs" they mentioned that the VAIO was the closest thing to what the new iMac will look like but stated that the iMac was much better looking... which wouldn't take a lot to accomplish. 9 days or so and we'll know. This week may be time for AI to publish that sketch.... if it ever excisted, that is.
  • Reply 431 of 484
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    I don't think it is the W series that is being referred to. I think it is the V series. It is much cleaner in the back and more svelte than the W series.

If you go to this site and then click on the product view you will be able to see a side shot.

Still not something Apple would copy but much better than the W series.
  • Reply 432 of 484
    Here's the V series for those of you that are too lazy to look it up:

Thank God...sony usually has half-decent designs, but the one that was posted...
  • Reply 433 of 484
    Quote:

Originally posted by lucida

Open question to PC manufacturers in general:

(see below)

Well it's kinda unfair to compare the Sony model with a mock up which doesn't actually exist in real life, and lacks any ports at all. It's also worth mentioning that the Sony model has two expansion slots, port for old mice, and cable TV-in which just makes it look even worse. In fact when you look at the machine from the front, none of that is visible because the screen is considerably larger than the back. So while the design ain't as pretty as an iMac G4, it's not that badly designed after all.

• Reply 434 of 484
    Here's a slighty larger image.

• Reply 435 of 484
    One of the good things of finding out what the final iMac G5 design is: we'll have some clues about what to expect for iBooks' and eMacs' cases.

For the eMac: The color scheme, the kind of optical drive (if any), the ports on the unit.

For the iBook: The color scheme and case design. The first iBook mirrored the first iMac very closely in looks.
  • Reply 436 of 484
    OK then guys, how many of you out there wont buy the new G5 imac because of how it looks????

I for one have £1000 burning a hole in my pocket and the day it comes out I am gonna order one, regardless of how it looks!!!! And lets face it.....its gonna look awesome!!!!
  • Reply 437 of 484
    Here's a shot of the Vaio V in similar angle of the Vaio W series I posted. It's much cleaner.

• Reply 438 of 484
    maffrewmaffrew Posts: 166member
    The Vaio W is butt ugly, don't want to see something like that.

The V isn't too bad at all, and i'd be very interested in seeing how Apple could put a spin on the style.
  • Reply 439 of 484
    Folks this is it. The iMac G5.

This one is from the Apple Collection

I just find it a little funny that Apple may end up using layouts used by other manufacturers in the past. What I like about the G4 iMac is that it is like nothing else out there.
  • Reply 440 of 484
    toxotestoxotes Posts: 102member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ronnie_brassic

OK then guys, how many of you out there wont buy the new G5 imac because of how it looks????

I for one have £1000 burning a hole in my pocket and the day it comes out I am gonna order one, regardless of how it looks!!!! And lets face it.....its gonna look awesome!!!!

I'm with you there. When's the last time Apple made a computer that was considered ugly at the time? I'm sure the new iMac will be beautiful. The one thing that will make me wait though is I want to see it benchmarked in some way. I have a PowerBook G4 1.5GHz and if the new iMac with it's G5 isn't signficantly faster (and many have suggested it won't be), then I don't think I'll be getting one, not much point.