iTMS Canada

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I keep reading about all these new countries getting iTMS soon, but haven't read crap about Canada getting. What gives? It isn't that hard to get up and running, the Canadian site would be so similar to the American one it should be the easiest to set up.

Well, I have found a pretty good website for downloading punk. I guess most of that probably wouldn't be in the iTMS library anyways. I think you are supposed to have an American address but I just entered mine and was left with only USA as an option. It work, so that's all that matters. Also, for anyone who is interested, you have the option of mp3 or wmv. www.downloadpunk.com. Pretty interesting website.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cam'ron

I keep reading about all these new countries getting iTMS soon, but haven't read crap about Canada getting. What gives? It isn't that hard to get up and running, the Canadian site would be so similar to the American one it should be the easiest to set up.

Well, I have found a pretty good website for downloading punk. I guess most of that probably wouldn't be in the iTMS library anyways. I think you are supposed to have an American address but I just entered mine and was left with only USA as an option. It work, so that's all that matters. Also, for anyone who is interested, you have the option of mp3 or wmv. www.downloadpunk.com. Pretty interesting website.

Not gonna happen. Apple has made it clear that Canada is second-class citizen in this world. In fact, I bet if Apple could, it would outright say "We hate Canada."
  • Reply 2 of 4
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

Not gonna happen. Apple has made it clear that Canada is second-class citizen in this world. In fact, I bet if Apple could, it would outright say "We hate Canada."

I'm sure it's malice on Apple's part
  • Reply 3 of 4
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    too small a market with too many legal hoops and headaches... plus p2p is 'legal'.

Canada is at the bottom of the list when it comes to first world countries getting a music store-behind even most of asia and parts of the middle east I'd wager.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bancho

I'm sure it's malice on Apple's part

Certainly feels like it.