Will AppleInsider ever show the "iMac sketches?"

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
This site, AppleInsider, claimed in a News topic to have sketches of the forthcoming iMac G5. Will we see these sketches before the iMac is released, will we see them ever?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    Probably not.
  • Reply 2 of 25
    republicrepublic Posts: 168member
    Seeing how close we're coming to Paris, probably not. We may be too busy gawking at the real thing shortly to care.
  • Reply 3 of 25
    It is very possible that the sketches were found out to be false, and as such, they will not produce them. That is the optimist in me saying that.

Honestly though, I don't think they had them in the first place.
  • Reply 4 of 25
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    how about a link to the article in question?
  • Reply 5 of 25
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    I don't see any reason why they would say they had them, when they didn't have them. It's much more likely that they had some sketches of questionable lineage, like NittanyLionTosh's, and they turned out to be spurious.
  • Reply 6 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubist

I don't see any reason why they would say they had them, when they didn't have them. It's much more likely that they had some sketches of questionable lineage, like NittanyLionTosh's, and they turned out to be spurious.

Mine was a joke. AppleInsider claimed in a news article that they had obtained sketches from a reliable source. I made my own sketches. There's a big difference.
  • Reply 7 of 25
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Eggleston

It is very possible that the sketches were found out to be false, and as such, they will not produce them. That is the optimist in me saying that.

Honestly though, I don't think they had them in the first place.

Or maybe the Apple legal team discovered the leack before the web lackies could upload the images, Apple hates leaks...funny, it is just the opposite of what the car companies do, they drive their now cars arround a track for the press with the bumpers, head and tail lights covered with paper, maybe apple doesn'e like the "wet their whistle" approche.
  • Reply 8 of 25
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    A.I. can post it, or a revised more "realistic" photo-shopped version and wait for Apple to send a cease and desist e-mail. As long as you don't show an actual photo you can more times then not be left alone. If Apple complains then, well, the cat's out of the bag. Show the sketch and get it over with........ (yeah, sure). We'll more then likely get a preview of the iMac the night before. 8 days.
  • Reply 9 of 25
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    AFAIK the sketch(es) are not of great quality and I suspect that is why the news team has decided against posting it/them.

The design has been pretty well described, sketch it in your mind!
  • Reply 10 of 25
    Sounds lame to me. People are getting restless. Does this place have "well-placed" sources, or not?

If the quality is bad, why not take what you can see of them, and do an artist's rendition of them, have a member here mock one up.
  • Reply 11 of 25
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NittanyLionTosh

If the quality is bad, why not take what you can see of them, and do an artist's rendition of them

Because they don't have them
  • Reply 12 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by kelib

Because they don't have them

Then Jambo is lying.
  • Reply 13 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by NittanyLionTosh

Then Jambo is lying.

If we didn't have them then the news story wouldn't say that we do.

I don't appreciate being called a liar. I wish I had never taken time out of my life to even respond to this thread. Any more crap and it'll be locked.

Thanks.
  • Reply 14 of 25
    I did not accuse you of lying. I only said that if what the other poster said was true, then what you said would not be.
  • Reply 15 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

I did not accuse you of lying. I only said that if what the other poster said was true, then what you said would not be.

I didn't accuse you of accusing me of anything, my comment was aimed at NittanyLionTosh.

I think you've slipped up. Duplicate names are not tolerated. Check your PMs.

Thanks
  • Reply 16 of 25
    this is classic (whateverhisnameistoday)-tosh!
  • Reply 17 of 25
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Like I said before, I do not have the password for this account, so I can not post from Messiahtosh while on my PowerBook. The un-banned account is tied to my iMac, which I do not use very much.

And by the way, if anyone has slipped up, it is AppleInsider. You claimed that you had and would show sketches of the new iMac, yet nothing has been revealed and there is no way to prove that you guys are not lying, unless we see the alleged sketches.
  • Reply 18 of 25
    Your password has been e-mailed to you.
  • Reply 19 of 25
    It's ridiculous to be fretting over sketches. I recall seeing the article where AppleInsider stated that they had obtained sketches. I don't doubt that this website does have sketches from a reliable source - but it is their decision as to when or if they wish to release the sketches.

They may not wish to release them due to any legal issues with Apple. They may not wish to release them due to poor quality of the sketches. It really doesn't matter. While AppleInsider (and other rumors sites as well) don't always get 100% reliable information from sources, they don't make stuff up (at least AI, MacRumors, and ThinkSecret do not). Based on previous records, we can assume that AI does have sketches and has their own reasons for not releasing them. That's good enough for me. Besides, we've only got a week to go anyways.
  • Reply 20 of 25
    I'd still would rather see the sketches tho.

Just a few more days anyway, and any sketches won't matter at all.