Easy safar feature we could all use

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
There is a feature i would like to see in Safari that seems like it would take no more than a day to add and test with Safari. That feature is other search bars as well as google. I use google as my main search engine but sometimes i want to search something on Teoma or another engine. Maybe even an ebay search.

It seems easy enough to allow users to either have more than one search bar or at least a drop-down menu one. Like i said, this seems like such an easy feature to add, why hasn't apple done it yet?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    r3dx0rr3dx0r Posts: 201member
    yes, it should not be that difficult to add this feature. apple just has to look at omniweb 5 which already does this.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
    Kickaha and Amorph couldn't moderate themselves out of a paper bag. Abdicate responsibility and succumb to idiocy. Two years of letting a member make personal attacks against others, then stepping aside when someone won't put up with it. Not only that but go ahead and shut down my posting priviledges but not the one making the attacks. Not even the common decency to abide by their warning (afer three days of absorbing personal attacks with no mods in sight), just shut my posting down and then say it might happen later if a certian line is crossed. Bullshit flag is flying, I won't abide by lying and coddling of liars who go off-site, create accounts differing in a single letter from my handle with the express purpose to decieve and then claim here that I did it. Everyone be warned, kim kap sol is a lying, deceitful poster.

Now I guess they should have banned me rather than just shut off posting priviledges, because kickaha and Amorph definitely aren't going to like being called to task when they thought they had it all ignored *cough* *cough* I mean under control. Just a couple o' tools.

Don't worry, as soon as my work resetting my posts is done I'll disappear forever.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    I don't think there is because the search URL is identical to that of the google site. That is unlike Opera (since my last use a while ago) where it looks like some affiliate link.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    A real History and Download window, and more preferences like Mozilla and OmniWeb and even IE have.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Opera has a search function where you have one form window. And then multiple seach bars. Want to seach for "Tolstoy"? Simply type it in and then click the "Google" or "Yahoo" or whatever search button you want. Done. I like it.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    I would like a dropdown arrow added to the address bar.

I would like dropdown arrows added to the forward/back history buttons (I know I click and hold on these)

I would like the bookmark bar to show site ico's.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    One thing i did like about opera was that to search google i could type: "g what-i-want-to-search" or e for ebay. I like safari more though
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Can't remember where I read about it, but wasn't Yahoo negotiating with Apple to make Yahoo the default search in Safari?
  • Reply 10 of 13
    boemaneboemane Posts: 311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by faust9

I would like a dropdown arrow added to the address bar.

I would like dropdown arrows added to the forward/back history buttons (I know I click and hold on these)

I would like the bookmark bar to show site ico's.

You mean likethe current Safari ? My safari shows site icons in the bookmarks menu... Even in the history menu too

.:BoeManE:.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    The curent safari doens't have any of those. You can get a menu of site after you start typing and there are no icons on the bookmarks bar, only the menu
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jwink3101

The curent safari doens't have any of those. You can get a menu of site after you start typing and there are no icons on the bookmarks bar, only the menu

Mine too. Only in the menu, not in the bookmarks bar. Thanks for the link too!
  • Reply 13 of 13
    If Apple started placing search engines in their browser to make money out of the deal, I would trash Safari.

Google is the fastest and it goes easy on your bandwidth. Other search engines have a !@#!@ load of ads that I don't want to see.

edit: This is with regard to the Macrumours news article. I do like the idea of multiple/customizable search engines in the browser.