Just ordered a 15" 1.3Ghz Powerbook :D

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I just ordered a new powerbook for my uni course starting in late sept, obviously I know that it's fully capable for work purposes etc. Can't wait until it arrives, it'll be my first laptop.

I have a few games that I'd like to put on it, namely Call of Duty, UT2004, etc. My question is to guys with recent powerbooks and UT2004 (full game or demo, guess it doesn't really matter) how will these games run on this machine? I ordered it with the 80GB 5400rpm Harddrive but I have to buy an additional 512MB RAM (it's coming with the stock 256MB) I'd like to know what kind of settings you guys run games on (particularly UT2004) you can never really tell with benchmarks...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattyj

I ordered it with the 80GB 5400rpm Harddrive but I have to buy an additional 512MB RAM (it's coming with the stock 256MB)

Nice ... which video card did you get?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    The 64MB Radeon 9700, it's all that you can get with the 1.3Ghz 15"
  • Reply 3 of 6
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    UT 2004 runs fine on my ibook, so it will be even better on your Powerbook! Congratulations on a great purchase!
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Cool nice to know, thanks, can't wait!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    Just make sure when you are playing games that you have the processor performance in the energy saving settings set to highest.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Ahh right cool thanks... About that, how does it work, it underclocks the processor to use less power right?