23" Cinema Display - connectivity + applecare

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi,

I have just been reading the posts on the 23" Cinema Display and I have yet to pick my jaw up off the floor. They look simply amazing!

Alas, I want one of these beauties so badly I'm going to have to forego my G5 Mac purchase until next year! Therefore I am wondering does this display (monitor is just not the right word) have a straighforward DVI connector to which I can connect it to my 9800XT card on my PC? I'm confused by it all as I can't determine whether it has DVI or ADC?

I would have to get the Applecare pack for it but I expect the display to last me a long, long time. More than the three years that Applecare provides. What happens at the end of that time? Are you able to extend it with Apple or a third party? I'd hate to see it pack up after the 3 year mark...

Many thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    It has a dvi that works on anything with a dvi video card. It should work in your situation.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    You can't buy Applecare for a display unless you buy the display at the same time as a Mac. Why, I don't know, it's just a weird Apple policy. Your PC must support the wide screen format.

From Apple's site: "Windows-based PCs with graphics card that supports DVI ports with full single link digital bandwidth and VESA DDC standard for plug and play setup."