Music Editting

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
what equipment do i need to edit music and such?

what i mean is, for example..we have recorded a song and how do i add trance elements etc. to it?

what equipment and software do i need? do i need a powermac g5? if not, what would be your recommendations?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    get iLife, it's that easy
  • Reply 2 of 7
    derevderev Posts: 64member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MagicFingers

get iLife, it's that easy

Hardwarewise, I would get a powerbook with superdrive and load it with iLife like MagicFingers suggested. If you want to get crazy, you could spend a chunk O' change on toys like the ones Edirol makes to import midi and audio into expensive ware like Cubase, etc, etc, etc.

I reccomned the Powerbook because of it's portability. You can take it to the gig and record live off the PA or miks and burn a copy to play with at your leasure.

Also, read-read-read all of the reviews and specs of the toys you want BEFORE you buy them, so you know what you're getting into. Go to a musicians superstore if there is one in you neck of the woods and demo some stuff.

derev

ps: have fun and make the 'zic zing!
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by derev

Hardwarewise, I would get a powerbook with superdrive and load it with iLife like MagicFingers suggested. If you want to get crazy, you could spend a chunk O' change on toys like the ones Edirol makes to import midi and audio into expensive ware like Cubase, etc, etc, etc.

I reccomned the Powerbook because of it's portability. You can take it to the gig and record live off the PA or miks and burn a copy to play with at your leasure.

Also, read-read-read all of the reviews and specs of the toys you want BEFORE you buy them, so you know what you're getting into. Go to a musicians superstore if there is one in you neck of the woods and demo some stuff.

derev

ps: have fun and make the 'zic zing!

thanks, i already have an iBook...i was planning on getting an iMac G5 (when and if it comes out).

what are some good software to create trance music?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    derevderev Posts: 64member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Digital_D

thanks, i already have an iBook...i was planning on getting an iMac G5 (when and if it comes out).

what are some good software to create trance music?

iLife (garage band) like the man said above. Way cool 'zic app.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    ok thanks. can anyone direct me to somewhere i can download a help manual or something of how to work garageband?

thanks.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Digital_D

ok thanks. can anyone direct me to somewhere i can download a help manual or something of how to work garageband?

thanks.

This may help:

http://www.apple.com/support/garageband/
  • Reply 7 of 7
    thanks